Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ron Mancini's 68 L023 Dart #2

Up on the bench now ,,,,shot the body and some parts yesterday,,decaling today ,, this will be the 4speed rendition of Ron's Dart,,he bounced back and forth between the Torqueflite and the 833,,pretty much a stock build ,Revell Hemi Dart kit,using Fireball Modelworks 3116 Holley's and other detail parts .Paint is Tamiya Chrome Yellow,SMP Decals 

RonMancini1.jpeg

RonMancini2.jpeg

RonMancini.jpeg

• Like 8

Obviously dedicated to accuracy.  What Super Tricks and front tires are you planning to use?  1/16” styrene rod for the six point bar?  Putting one in my Camaro stocker today.  I make the main bar way too tall, then install the interior tub temporarily, and it finds its correct height as the holes in the floor board allow the bar to slide down.  Keep up the good work.

10 hours ago, R. Thorne said:

Obviously dedicated to accuracy.  What Super Tricks and front tires are you planning to use?  1/16” styrene rod for the six point bar?  Putting one in my Camaro stocker today.  I make the main bar way too tall, then install the interior tub temporarily, and it finds its correct height as the holes in the floor board allow the bar to slide down.  Keep up the good work.

Thanks Ron,,,I got some wheels from the 69 GTX Pro street kit that look pretty close and I had some skinny no name tires in the parts bin,,,keeping the roll bar in this one kit stock

• Like 1

Man Scott, that’s nice! I have been planning on doing that same car for years.I have everything I need to build it.For wheels,I am going to use Futturattractions’ excellent Crager Super Trick resin wheels. I ordered quite a few sets from him a couple years back for some future drag projects.

• Thanks 1