Model Cars Magazine Forum

My newest project is underway. The AMT Retooled IH CO4070A that I started last year. I used Testors One Coat Lacquer De Ja Blue. Added the White kit stripes (box art ones). Unsure if I am painting the frame Semi Gloss Black or perhaps a contrasting Blue (suggestions however will be welcomed). I am going to be clear coating the cab prior to adding the livery decals which have not been determined yet. More pictures to come as I progress through the build.

5CD77D5D-CDC2-43DD-8E21-6CC78B4C5703.jpeg

67B683EA-872C-4746-927E-685F3F40BA08.jpeg

856EBEC7-0A34-4412-84B1-845A2EF2766B.jpeg

68728AEB-FA61-489A-8406-DA39E0B4FE84.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JerseeJerry55 said:

Jurgen thank you. It's Testors One Coat Lacquer De Ja Blue. 

Looks really noble! Good Idea!

Since Revell and others don't seem to make anymore colored metallics like red or green I tried to mix a metallic green using a uni bright green and aluminium metallic. Didn't work out like I had expected.

Looks like I'll have to enter new grounds and try out something new! 

Thanks for the info and the idea. Keep going, it's a really nice build!

I can't answer that but my opinion is, you've been doing such a great job on this truck, why worry about it? In customizing the sky's the limit! Do what ever you like! 😉

Edited by Jürgen M.

5 minutes ago, Jürgen M. said:

I can't answer that but my opinion is, you've been doing such a great job on this truck, why worry about it? In customizing the sky's the limit! Do what ever you like! 😉

That's true. Weather needs to get situated properly before I get to the decision. 

22 minutes ago, Jürgen M. said:

Take your time! 🙃

A person I know has suggested Red or light Blue. He also said that semi gloss Black is so "standard". The Red I might go with is Rustoleum Gloss Apple Red (pictured). I might do the fuel tanks in frame color with Aluminum straps, or Aluminum and frame colored straps. So many decisions. 

8F63158F-8243-46D3-B161-75B35396E5AC.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Gary Chastain said:

The creative ideas are always the fun part. Be watching to see what you do. 

Gary based on my track record of many good ideas from others, and self created ones the finished product has to be finished. Revell snap Peterbilt 359's, and KW W900's are one thing. Actually completing AMT non snap kits are a different story. I change my mind more than a 17 year old Girl picking out a prom dress. What I will learn from this project directly affects my Rat Fink 4070A that's still in its wrapping in my closet.

• Haha 1