Model Cars Magazine Forum

1974 Corvette 454 Convertible - Done

Duddly01

2 hours ago, ncbuckeye67 said:

That is an amazing build, of a not so good kit. Your paint i beautiful, and the added detail is outstanding!

Thank you. Talking about not so good kit. My wife wants me to build a 1957 Thunderbird next. The chassis is terrible. Probably a reissue from the 60s I am guessing.

2 hours ago, Jim B said:

Nice Corvette.

Thank you!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Duddly01 said:

Thank you. Talking about not so good kit. My wife wants me to build a 1957 Thunderbird next. The chassis is terrible. Probably a reissue from the 60s I am guessing.

Hmmm..... I have the 56 & 57 (AMT). Are they crappy kits? I also have the Monogram 58 that I was looking forward to building

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ncbuckeye67 said:

Hmmm..... I have the 56 & 57 (AMT). Are they crappy kits? I also have the Monogram 58 that I was looking forward to building

From what I understand the 1956 is a great kit, but somewhat hard to find. It was from around 2003 so a newer mold. The 57 kit however is from around 1963 or so, and the mold is showing its age. One thing I like about older AMT kits is their proportions are usually dead on, but their attention to detail is extremely lacking. This applies to the 1957, very shallow door and trunk gaps and very heavy mold lines. Takes some work but can get good results, for the body at least.

• Like 1

Definitely show material. The lighting is very cool, but that car has an attractive unique look to it. Good luck if you decide to enter it. I think you'll do well. All your builds are nicely done. Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Rattlecan Dan said:

Definitely show material. The lighting is very cool, but that car has an attractive unique look to it. Good luck if you decide to enter it. I think you'll do well. All your builds are nicely done. Thanks for posting.

Thank you.

14 hours ago, Duddly01 said:

From what I understand the 1956 is a great kit, but somewhat hard to find. It was from around 2003 so a newer mold. The 57 kit however is from around 1963 or so, and the mold is showing its age. One thing I like about older AMT kits is their proportions are usually dead on, but their attention to detail is extremely lacking. This applies to the 1957, very shallow door and trunk gaps and very heavy mold lines. Takes some work but can get good results, for the body at least.

Good to know. Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ReduitRetro said:

Bravo sir!!! Beautiful build!

Thank you.

20 hours ago, slusher said:

wonderful ly done  slick paint, clean build!'

Thank you.

6 hours ago, John B. said:

Extremely realistic - excellent paint and the lighting adds another level of realism. Well done!

Thank you!

6 hours ago, Supernurd said:

Top notch build!  👍

Thank You! Hoping everyone at the So Cal Open Model Car show think well of it too.