Model Cars Magazine Forum

2008 Mustang Boss 429 Sleeper

John B.

Hi, all; In honor of 4/29 Day, I'm posting this recently - completed 2008 Mustang. It started out as a Revell Bullitt kit (many thanks to Bruce @ Rocketfin Hobbies!). I read an article on how Jon Kaase took a 2008 GT and dropped one of his Boss Nine engines into it. He was able to accomplish this and retain the stock hood, so I decided to try it in scale.

With the exception of the engine, transmission, driveshaft and exhaust system, the model is stock. I used the basic engine block, heads and valve covers from an old Johan Mercury Comet pro stock kit, a Revell Viper T-56 transmission, a driveshaft comprised of K & S aluminum tubing and parts box u-joints. I also used Oatey plumbing solder and Machined Aluminum Specialties (MAS) Scaletrapp mufflers for the exhaust system. The battery is a Greg Olsen 3D printed item, the intake manifold and headers are from the parts box. The carb is an aftermarket Demon unit.   

Thanks for looking and comments welcome.

mustang4.jpg

mustang6.jpg

mustang1.jpg

mustang3.jpg

mustang5.jpg

• Like 13

50 minutes ago, Kenmojr said:

Sleeper indeed. Great idea and excellent model.

44 minutes ago, ea0863 said:

Awesome job, especially under the hood!

20 minutes ago, michelle said:

Awesome work 

Much appreciated - Thank you!

Great idea on the paint, the gray with no metallic in it seems to be a go to color lately. The paint has a great looking finish, and all the body trim looks clean. Nice looking engine and compartment. Have always liked the sleeper look. 

2 hours ago, PappyD340 said:

Awesome Mustang!

2 hours ago, espo said:

Great idea on the paint, the gray with no metallic in it seems to be a go to color lately. The paint has a great looking finish, and all the body trim looks clean. Nice looking engine and compartment. Have always liked the sleeper look. 

1 hour ago, happy grumpy said:

Very nice take on the Mustang. I like this model and the monochrome gray is perfect for a sleeper.

Thank you very much! The gray paint was something I wanted to try and I'm glad you like it.

3 hours ago, XYHARRY said:

Really liking this one John, that grey is looking good with those wheels. Chassis and engine is well done too.

Cheers, 

David. 😎👍

1 hour ago, ChrisR said:

Very nice!!

1 hour ago, 70 Sting said:

Engine is certainly the star of this build! 🤩

Thank you very much!