Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram 1929 Ford Pickup, 70’s Style Street Rod

Posted (edited)

I can’t believe I’ve been a MCM Forum member for so long and I haven’t done a WIP until now 😳

After seeing all the cool old pickups in the Tim Boyd Tribute Thread it motivated me to build one too.  This will be a 1970’s Style Street Rod using the Monogram 29 Ford Roadster Pickup with small block Ford Engine and IRS from the Monogram 55 Ford Panel Truck. The Truspoke Style Wheels and front tires are from the Monogram 32 Ford Roadster. The Rear Tires are from Fireball Model Works.  It won’t be quite as detailed as the trucks in the Tim Boyd tread but hopefully still be “Cool”.  Thanks for lookin’😎

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Flatout
  • Like 7

Posted (edited)

Thanks Guys…appreciate the feedback.

The 1st thing I want to do is replace the rear cross member to support the IRS and update the transmission cross member.  I need to modify the IRS to get the stance I want and the tires positioned where I want them.  Next up is fixing the seam in the bottom of the engine,  a little extra glue, a medium grit sanding board, a little primer, and it’s like it was never there.  More updates coming soon…Thanks for lookin’😎

IMG_6797.jpeg

IMG_6798.jpeg

IMG_6800.jpeg

IMG_6801.jpeg

IMG_6802.jpegspacer.png

Edited by Flatout
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Got a little more done this weekend…narrowing the IRS while keeping the halfshafts and strut rods aligned was a bit of a challenge.   After a couple of tries here it is.   Need to modify the radius arms next….thanks for lookin’😎

IMG_1704.jpeg

IMG_1703.jpeg

• Like 4

IRS Mock up complete…the radius rods that originally were on the IRS were kinda bulky so ditched ‘em and used a set from the from the Revell Model A and the coilover shocks are from the Revell Foose Pickup.  Thanks for lookin’😎

IMG_1706.jpeg

IMG_1707.jpeg

• Like 2

More mocking things up…got a simple set of motor mounts made and positioned.   Looks like everything should fit OK.  Next up is getting the frame and crossmembers smoothed out and primed.  As always…Thanks for lookin’😎

IMG_1821.jpeg

IMG_1819.jpeg

Edited by Flatout
Move text