Model Cars Magazine Forum

OVERCOMING THE TERRIBLE MPC 1967 GTO KIT!

This kit was a Hobby Lobby purchase that turned out to be a terrible kit to build. I had heard from several other modelers about the flash and part fitting problems which I have encountered also. I had an extra pro street chassis from the AMT pro street GTX, a set of Jays Resin V series drag wheels and an Iceman Collections Roots blown Hemi which I am using in this build! I also made the funny car style cage by hand. This is also another work in progress. Thanks for viewing.

71554235085__E7CFFECD-074B-485A-B890-7696C070DCFC.jpeg

IMG_1835.jpeg

IMG_1834.jpeg

IMG_1836.jpeg

IMG_1837.jpeg

IMG_1843.jpeg

IMG_1846.jpeg

IMG_1849.jpeg

IMG_1851.jpeg

IMG_1854.jpeg

IMG_1857.jpeg

IMG_1858.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, espo said:

Great looking wheel and tire combo, like the stance. 

Thanks, Jays resin wheels are the best! That front bumper is killing me with having to trim and sand both parts! Same with the rear bumper too! Once I get them worked out , radiator hoses radiator more detail with the wheels and tires and a fitted hood with a hole for the blower, wires too for the Hemi ! I’m glad you like it so far! 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, NOBLNG said:

Great start Charles! That engine is sure to smoke them tires!😎👍

Thank you, I love this year GTO! This kit needed a roots style blown Hemi sticking out of the engine bay! Thank you for liking it! Gonna make some little changes before it’s completely finished! 

2 hours ago, Kenmojr said:

Love what you are doing with this GTO!

Thank you! This kit wasn’t the greatest in quality, so I decided to use the pro street AMT GTX chassis which had all the suspension parts with it. I got lucky and it fit wheelbase perfect. However, I used the interior tub from the kit and had to cut the trans tunnel out of it so that it would fit the GTX chassis. I’m gonna do a lot more detail work on this one. Thanks for the input!