Model Cars Magazine Forum

HOLY BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH! I’VE SPRAYED MY 1960 CORVETTE WITH DUPLICOLOR PAINT I HUMID CONDITIONS!!!

Posted (edited)

Presumably the paint has blushed? If so, let it dry then polish it out with something like Tamiya polishes (Fine and Finish). Most times a lacquer paint job that has blushed can saved with polishing.

Edited by Bainford

Posted (edited)

you should be fine. i've sprayed gloss black and it turned out grey but it polished out fine.

even if you find it doesn't polish it up you could still use it as a base coat and spray again when conditions are better

Edited by stitchdup

I'm really not loving Duplicolor lately. I have had it blush under the best conditions.

It must be formula specific. I still use old cans (the skinny ones) with no drama. It just dries on the dull side, like  BC CC should.

I have moved onto Extreme Lacquers and Mopar touch up paints.

On 5/7/2024 at 8:52 AM, Bainford said:

Presumably the paint has blushed? If so, let it dry then polish it out with something like Tamiya polishes (Fine and Finish). Most times a lacquer paint job that has blushed can saved with polishing.

Thank you! It worked! 

• Like 1