Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone make a 1:25 '61 GMC B7000 cab?

I've been searching for a 1961 GMC B7000 cab but can't find one in resin. Can someone make a 1:25 resin cab for me? If so...what sort of costs are involved? I want to make a rescue squad that was at the Bethesda-Chevy Chase Rescue Squad in Maryland.

Thanks...Rick

post-4309-1239150227_thumb.jpg

Rick,

The truck in your picture is a '64 -'66 GMC. The '60-'63 had a wrap-around windshield with the windshield posts angling the other direction.

The cab itself could be sourced from the R/M '64 or '65 Chevy pickup kit. Someone did cast the "B" series parts in resin, but they only made a few copies. Evan Hermel had one of the conversion kits and built a really great weathered old dump truck. I don't remember who actually cast the parts.

Lee

Almost...wrong year.................I also posted a message in the Resin section.

Hey Lee....would the cab width be the same? I know a 1:1 truck collector who has the real thing. I asked him if I could take photos and measurements in case I needed to make the cab myself.

Thanks...Rick

Almost...wrong year.................I also posted a message in the Resin section.

Hey Lee....would the cab width be the same? I know a 1:1 truck collector who has the real thing. I asked him if I could take photos and measurements in case I needed to make the cab myself.

Thanks...Rick

Rick,

The exterior of the cab is identical in every way. There are differences in the firewall and floorboard, and the dash gauges on some of the models. The most obvious thing is that the cab floor usually has less of a hump in it.

Here are some pictures that I took for reference, maybe they'll help you.

http://public.fotki.com/mrglubaum/truck-pi...c-cement-mixer/

Lee

You would have to build the hood and fenders from styrene. I want to do one of these myself someday, Ford had a similar looking truck in their N model.

I saw Evan's GMC dump truck at NNL West this year. I wish the resin cab was still available, it looked good. He had a Ford F700 I'd love to get a hold of too.

GMC.jpg

FordF700.jpg

How do I get in contact with Evan so I can kiss his arse in hopes of having him cast a B7000? I'd much rather buy a one-off resin cab versus trying to make one myself. The cost of the purchase would outweigh my time and effort since I have never made a scratch hood.

Rick

• 6 years later...

You would have to build the hood and fenders from styrene. I want to do one of these myself someday, Ford had a similar looking truck in their N model.I saw Evan's GMC dump truck at NNL West this year. I wish the resin cab was still available, it looked good. He had a Ford F700 I'd love to get a hold of too.GMC.jpgFordF700.jpg

Anyone know what or if any motor was used in the b7000?

Frontier Resin Design makes a B series. It is on Ebay pretty regularly. It is not there now, but if you keep your eyes open it may be what you are looking for. They post several about once a month or so. I don't know anything about them or their quality, but they sell Bighorn short and long hood cabs, and a GMC Cannon Ball cab among others. Hope this helps.