Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Judge finished with studio pics

Jason Rothgeb

This is my only completion of '09 so far. It has been to the Feb East Coast "Big Sit", the Spotlight board and both my clubs, Silent Traffic and PACM. After next Saturday at the NNL East, it will be "retired", to come out only for the PACM June contest. I post it for the folks who might have missed it at one of those many outlets or are unable to attend the big show in NJ. The kit is box stock of the most recent Revell release with Trim Ringless Rally IIs kit bashed from Revell's 70 T/A.

DisneyGTO70TA190-vi.jpg

DisneyGTO70TA193-vi.jpg

DisneyGTO70TA200-vi.jpg

DisneyGTO70TA191-vi.jpg

DisneyGTO70TA194-vi.jpg

DisneyGTO70TA195-vi.jpg

DisneyGTO70TA199-vi.jpg

Nice model! My only comment is the liscence plates. I love the Colorado plates as I live in Colorado and need a couple for my models as well. However, I noticed that you have the expiration tags on the front. The front liscence plates do NOT have the expiration tags, ONLY the rear plates have'em. That is the only minor detail I see wrong with it, other than that it look's 100% perfect to me! Nice job! :D

Hello everyone. Thanks for the kind words. I'll answer everyone's question in one post not necessarily in the order they were asked. First the paint: It's Testor's Hugger Orange out of the rattlecan under Tamiya clear. This is the second car I've used this color on the first being a ZL-1 COPO Camaro. I have two more planned with this color: A 69 Yenko Nova and a 69 Corvette.

Second, the Colorado Plates. These came from the most recent issue of the Revell 70 Challenger T/A ( the 1/24 one). I could not find my aftermarket sheet of vanity plates at the time I had finished this car, and liked these because they looked cool and provided a nice color contrast to the orange.

Third, I will be at the NNL East and I hope to meet to say hello to those I know and meet those I havben't yet. I'll be wearing my club golf shirt, Philly Area Car Modelers which is Kelly green and has my name, Jason on it. Hope to see everyone there, Jason