Model Cars Magazine Forum

contest poll:

which do you prefer ?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. trpohies or plaques

• trophies
    • plaques

I am not an "award monger"....hehe ,but I prefer plaques because they can hang on the wall vs. making a bunch of room for trophies to dust.

I'm With Bob On this ...Plaques.

I gues becasue the first award I received was a Plaque.. You can get some really awesome plaques with Your Logo on it as well.

Nice touch.

I award Resin automotive related Plaques at the Mid West NNL I Put on.. People really Like them..

Edited by cruzn

While trophies are cool , Modocon and CA. Autorama come to mind , you only have so much room for them . Plaques can be hung on the wall in the shop and are easy to maintain. Trophies are dust collecters and take up space that could be used for more important things such as ... more kits ! :lol:

The Old Man

I would chose money over plaques or trophies anytime but I know it will never happen! :( I prefer plaques, trophies take too much space. If I was playing a sport I think trophies would be more ideal, plaques kinda go better with our type of shows and they present a more serious type of award than a trophy does.

looks like a lot of you prefer plaques like me. Cash was brought up a few times.....makes me think a bit. Would you be more tentive to enter a show for cash prizes vs. plaques?

BTW.....i just sent this once and it posted 20 times! I deleted every single post in which all of them had different lengths of my reply.

Both have their pros and cons. You can do a lot with trophy designs but of course the more creative you get the more expensive the trophy becomes. Plaques are nice and low maintenance and can also be dressed up with nice, colorful designs if you choose. All you have to do is check out the plaques from a Goodguys show to know this.

It all depends on your preference for spending money on your show. Plaques will most likely be less costly than trophies. Theres also the combination of the two. Plaques for your categories and trophies for any "Best Of" awards you may be doing.

The bottom line though is that just being at a model show and showing off your builds and seeing other builds and meeting new and interesting people should be award enough.