Model Cars Magazine Forum

Johan Pro Street Rambler kit question

USAC_1957

On 1/25/2019 at 7:25 PM, Snake45 said:

Maybe that's what I read...that they did it. Anyway, I don't think I've ever seen it before, thanks!

It looks better than the Marlin, but that might be just because the rear wheel openings are larger. It looks at least as good as those weird fastback 1st Gen Chevy IIs--no, it definitely looks better. 

Not a fan of the quarter window shape, but I think I could do better. :unsure:

Okay, who has a roached glue-bomb Marlin body they want to send me to build one? :huh::lol:

If you are going the full phantom or one-off factory prototype route, why limit yourself to the Marlin roof profile? Graft on a roof from the MPC 69 Barracuda. By 69, the larger Rebels and Ambassadors had a shorter quarter window with a swept up beltline just like the 'cuda, and the roof is size-proportional for a contemporary compact like the Rambler American

Edited by garagepunk66

4 hours ago, garagepunk66 said:

If you are going the full phantom or one-off factory prototype route, why limit yourself to the Marlin roof profile? Graft on a roof from the MPC 69 Barracuda. By 69, the larger Rebels and Ambassadors had a shorter quarter window with a swept up beltline just like the 'cuda, and the roof is size-proportional for a contemporary compact like the Rambler American

Interesting idea, thanks! 

• 3 months later...