Model Cars Magazine Forum

Car Hauler

crazyjim

Got started on the car hauler today. I used Evergreen .040 plain sheet for the sides that was reinforced with Evergreen .100 Angle #293. For support and rigidity, I used Evergreen 1/8" square tubing #252. The ramps were made with Plastruct 1/16 scale diaamong plate #91683.

Here's some pics of the haauler so far and the Chevy truck that I'll be using with it.

100_1072.jpg100_1073.jpg100_1074.jpg

I'll be working on getting that frame stretched soon.

Jim, for some reason the photos are not showing up for me?

I don't know what to tell you - actually I don't know what to do to try and help you out. The pics are in photobucket. Want me to email the jpegs to your real email address? You'll have to provide it.

No pics here..................

Yeah, I'm seeing little boxes with "This image or video has been moved or deleted -- Photobucket". Maybe someone at Photobucket has something against car haulers <g>?

Please post the photos again -- I'm getting ready to start a hauler project, and would really like to see your project in progress.

Thanks,

Rick V.

I don't know what to tell you - actually I don't know what to do to try and help you out. The pics are in photobucket. Want me to email the jpegs to your real email address? You'll have to provide it.

That happened to me on a Build

It says the Photo was moved or deleted.

I had to start another folder.

I have No Idea way they do that tho.

Here is a ramp truck I did (if ya don't mind the link)

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.p...c=11031&hl=

The base truck is the cusom 1999 Chevy Silverado. I'm thinking of running 23" T's with a tandem axle. The second one would be just a dummy and not a drive axle. Working on the frame and looking at those T's. I'll try to post pics tomorrow.

asoxmartintruck.jpg

Awesome. I love S & M

Pics are posting good now.

I'd put the dummy axle just rearward of the center so most of the cars weight would be on the

drive axle.

does that sound about right?

I think you got the hardest part done

The Ramp is looking good.

I like it.

Nice Chevy too.

Here's an update on my car hauler. I used Evergreen to extend the frame and more Evergreen to make mounts for the extra axle. Instead of just cutting round wheelwells, I made atemplate from the Chevy box, transferred the shape and cut them out.

100_1081.jpg

100_1080.jpg

100_1078.jpg

100_1077.jpg

100_1079.jpg

Here's an update on the progress I've made. The interior is just about completed.

100_1103-1.jpg

Chassis is complete - here it is upside down. . .

100_1099.jpg

and right side up.

100_1100.jpg

I plan to have the exhaust exit between the rear wheel wells. Before painting I have to decide if I want to notch the hauler body for the exhaust tips.

The last pic shows the carhauler kind of together. Maaybe paint tomorrow.

100_1102.jpg