Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Street Truck Community Build- Deadline December 31St At 12:00Am

Nick Winter

does the truck have to be lowered? i was thinking of taking mine in an elevated direction and it doesnt seem like anyone else in the build off is going that way. it is still a street truck in its own rights, i know there is lots where i am from!

mine wil sit a little higher on its wheels aswell because im building a custom ladder frame and thought tubbing it was just to much work

also, i didnt wanna cut up my bed, i put a lot of work into it allready you see B)

This is looking tempting :lol:

Is their a dead line for entries?

I dont think there is a deadline. Just let dukefan know that you want in, and Im sure you can still join.

What were you planning on building??

PLEASE READ THE RULES CAREFULLY

Rules

1. has to be a pickup

2. has to have a factory style bed

3. truck had to been produced after 1960

4. no 4cyl's

5. has to be finished in the dead line

dead line December 31st at 12:00am central , so let me know what you guys think.

It's the very first post on the first page guys.

This is looking tempting :rolleyes:

Is their a dead line for entries?

here is read the first post.

does the truck have to be lowered? i was thinking of taking mine in an elevated direction and it doesnt seem like anyone else in the build off is going that way. it is still a street truck in its own rights, i know there is lots where i am from!

Not really It could be lifted or lowered.

mine wil sit a little higher on its wheels aswell because im building a custom ladder frame and thought tubbing it was just to much work

also, i didnt wanna cut up my bed, i put a lot of work into it allready you see :rolleyes:

I like how your sits, reminds me of a factory truck.

I dont think there is a deadline. Just let dukefan know that you want in, and Im sure you can still join.

What were you planning on building??

There is a deadline but it's not until December 31st James.

Rules

1. has to be a pickup

4. no 4cyl's

dead line December 31st at 12:00am central , so let me know what you guys think.

It's the very first post on the first page guys.

yep that's what I said.

Well if it's ok, I would like to enter a 72 chevy c-10

DSC00475.jpg

could you do me a favour please,

NEVER POST A PIC LIKE THAT IN MY PRESENCE AGAIN, I got a river of drool around me.

Guest Mustang3.8
yep that's what I said.

could you do me a favour please,

NEVER POST A PIC LIKE THAT IN MY PRESENCE AGAIN, I got a river of drool around me.

Nice. i'm with DukeFan. I'm likin' that Blazer. :lol:

hey Dukefan69', I know I still haven't posted any thing on the scout but I have to withdraw from the contest. I just don't have time between school and other builds that have to be finished before the scout. I appreciate you letting me join but I just don't have time and I am going to scratch build almost everything on it since I'm turning it prostreet. Thanks again and you guys will see it again.

hey Dukefan69', I know I still haven't posted any thing on the scout but I have to withdraw from the contest. I just don't have time between school and other builds that have to be finished before the scout. I appreciate you letting me join but I just don't have time and I am going to scratch build almost everything on it since I'm turning it prostreet. Thanks again and you guys will see it again.

Ok you can withdraw. No hard feelings on my end, just post some pic's here when you do finish it.

BTW it's not a contest just a community build, just a bunch of us building something similar toghether.

Edited by Dukefan69'

• 1 month later...
I see that this build off has died off like most do. Is there any updates anybody? I always liked watching this thread and hpe people will start posting again.

Jared I was going to ask the samething.

Now back into drill sargent mode

All Participants please report to my office :P , now that we've had some fun I thought I'd talk to you folks about what's barrelling down on us it's the cut off for all finished trucks, now what's going on fella's, I'd like to see some progress, ok guys,

now get to it. B)

i have been working very hard

unfortunatly most of that work has gone to the house and updating my heavy metal christmass album

just for the the record : theocracy is AWESOME

their music rocks and every year they put out a free christmass track

but i digest

i havent had anytime to work on the truck

but in my defence

if i make the deadline i am only 4 out of 5 rules i can break....and i want this to be perfect

i have been working very hard

unfortunatly most of that work has gone to the house and updating my heavy metal christmass album

just for the the record : theocracy is AWESOME

their music rocks and every year they put out a free christmass track

but i digest

i havent had anytime to work on the truck

but in my defence

if i make the deadline i am only 4 out of 5 rules i can break....and i want this to be perfect

Ok if you want to be the exception

if i had the windows for a 56 chevy stepside.. i'd be all over this. Alas, i won't be anywhere near done in time with the deadline.

and i'm not sure i want to butcher an enzo ferrari to turn it into a truck ;)

althoughhhh i could...... :D

just kidding. i look forward to seeing the finished products. IF (and that's a big if) i can get my stepside done, i'll get a last minute photo in. as of now, it's at work disassembled and ready for me to take home.

anybody have any idea where i can source windows for this?

Well i'm a truck builder, go figure huh? Any way it's time for me to try something diffrent a street truck. So i thought why not have a street truck community build .

Rules

1. has to be a pickup

4. no 4cyl's

dead line december 31st at 12:00am central , so let me know what you guys think.

Entries:

1978 dodge d100 street truck- Dukefan69'- finished

1978 dodge little red exspress- dwc43

1994 gmc sonoma- Kustommodels88

1995 ford ranger street truck- The Red Ranger

1962 ford unibody- Greg D.

wildcart- diymirage

1990 chevy stepside- 67PontiacGTO

1999 chevy silverado- Glen G.

1955 chevy cameo- Mike MC

1968 or '69 dodge a-100 pickup. BigGary

1955 chevy pickup- Riz

dodge deora - Demon9115

1999 chevy silverado- Toast

1995 toyota tundra- s10kid18

So are the two 55's in ? Rule # 3 states 60 and newer ?