Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lincoln Dirt-Tracker

James W

Great idea! I haven't seen too many convertibles done as dirt track racers, so this is a unique build - you can't beat that styling either. Nice color choice on the wheels. Would you be willing to post some engine pics?

Sorry, there is no engine. The kit is a curbside, I put an air cleaner in the hood and pipes out the trunk. That's all you get. :lol:

I have not glued the windshield in place yet. I might leave it off and put a deflector on the hood in front of the driver, but I kind of like it this way.

I'm glad to see you guys have gotten the tongue-in-cheek nature of this build. I was thinking more along the lines of a production Futura than Batmobile gone-to-the-races that seems to keep surfacing, but it is what it is.

I'll just say that this is one tough kit to build. I'd love to build another and do it up like a factory prodution sedan, maybe change the roofline to something more conventional. But man would that take alot of work to get this thing looking good enough for that. The gaps and misalignments of panels and trim.

It is a beautiful car. The kit is just a little primative.