Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Camaro built by one of my best friends !!!

Luis Ayala

It's been months since the last time I put my hands on the bench, but today I stopped by to share some pics I took of a 1970 Camaro built by one of my best friends, Edwin Maldonado.

The Car is painted in original Chevrolet Mulsanna blue poly color, with white painted stripes, top coated with Tamiya clear and polished. The engine is a Chevy 454 with raised plenum, dual carbs and wired ignition. The headers are scratchbuild from soldering wire and the front and rear suspensions were lowered and modified to fit the wheels & tires. Rear wheels & tires were cut and slimmed down to keep the factory wheel wells.

Interior is painted flat white with fabric decals from scalemotorsports. The interior is also dressed up with photo-etched gauges & painted wood details. It also has photo etched grill, exterior emblems, door handles, locks, hood pins, etc.

I really enjoyed this beautiful piece today and that is one of the best things about this hobby, you can always enjoy it by just sitting near a good friends workbench…

Hope you like it and thanks for looking!!!

CAM001.jpg

CAM002.jpg

CAM003.jpg

CAM004.jpg

CAM005.jpg

CAM006.jpg

CAM007.jpg

CAM008.jpg

Edited by Papin67

Now that is one BEAUTIFUL Camaro!! I love the color............it looks soooo good in that shade of blue! :huh:

Luis, give your friend congrats from me......that Camaro is one of the finest I've seen done!

...........and I too think split bumper '70-'73 Camaros look best! B)

Thank you all for your comments!!!

I am glad you like it, I really enjoyed this beautiful piece and believe me I wish I had a better camera to get closer pics of the interior.

I just spoke with Edwin and he wants to thank you all for taking some time to review the post and comment his work. I believe that attention to the little details is what makes a build stand out and Edwin did a beautiful job on this one.

Again thank you for taking some time to review the post and comment his work.

He is working in a couple of projects so you will see more of his work very soon.

:blink:

One of my good friends had a Camaro exactly like this one. It's scary how closely it resembles his 1:1 car. Seeing this car brings back many fond memories of Guy and his Camaro. Sadly he passed at the young age of 52 from a massive heart attack. His Camaro ended up being sold by his son for money. I don't know what ever happened to that car, but seeing this one makes me think it still lives somewhere.

Simply beautiful work and a great job all the way around!!!!! :blink: