Model Cars Magazine Forum

`79 Camaro Z/28 with Cragars

Hawk312

Sorry I`m late posting these here. I posted these on the other boards.... didn`t mean to leave you guys out.

First off, you guys will have to forgive the quality of these pictures. I just got a new camera, and am still trying to figure it out.

Anyway, I wanted to build something that would make Al Gore and friends toss cookies. :lol2:. I built this one around the time of the election here in the states as sort of a protest project. It is basically a box stock build with the Cragar SST`s and traction bars added. The engine has some added detail, but nothing special. Paint is dupli-color. It is actually 99% complete, as I didn`t get around to putting the side view mirrors on.:icon16:

bestsofar.jpg

bestsofar2.jpg

bestsofar3.jpg

otherside.jpg

side-1.jpg

Cool Camaro. I like the Cragars on it. I do have to point out though that the Cragars you have are the S/S, not the SS/T's. The S/S wheels are 5 spoke, and the SS/T's are a solid wheel. I do like the car, you did a great job on it!

P.S.

Where did you get those wheels from?

Edited by Custom Hearse

Nice job and almost everything looks great. The only thing that takes away from the build to me is the exhaust. It isn't correct for these cars out of the box. I also know this kit has the exhaust attached to the leaf springs. I don't detail under my models so it was easier for me to do but I cut my exhaust off and replaced it using coffee stirrers and also raised the springs from the front to raise the car some. I'm not trying to be critical of your car. You aren't the first one I've seen to just shackle the leaf springs on these kits to raise the rear of the car.

Here's a pic of my 1:1 1981 Z28 and my replica using this same 1979 kit.

Camaro81Z28white7a.jpg

Edited by leereyn