Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8 Ford 1932 Hiboy

oldschool

Hi Folks

this is my first entry here, so be gentle.My main focus is to build WW1 plane´s but when I came across the big 32 ford from Revell at my LHS I was fourteen again.This time I didn´t need to be nice to my parents, just pay the money and go home happy.

I remember building this one, and the result was bad. I just did not have that skill then. Hopefully I have the skill nowadays so I take this build very slow and careful.

First of all I scratched a 40 ford dash from plasticard and filler for the ride. Did not like the kit dash and tht was not what I wanted.

Bild021.jpg

The dash dryfitted in the body

Bild025.jpg

I got a 40 Ford instrument decals for the dash, with will be added later in the build.

The rear axle is decromed and painted with Humbrols.Alclad over gloss Humbrol grey.

Bild015.jpg

The front axle is decromed and the spring is cutted away.The axle is drilled and will be painted red and Alclad before mounted agian.

Bild024-2.jpg

The Flattie is decromed and painted in Humbrols many parts has got a new coat off Alclad. Much more to fix on this engine before it goed in to the frame again.

Bild019.jpg

Bild020.jpg

The frame is painted gloss black Humbrol and three coats of clear on the top.The paint is polished out with a old SMC polish kit.That goes for the fueltank also.

Bild011-1.jpg

Bild014.jpg

You can see a bottle of Future floorpolish in the paint that´s the finish I hope for on the whole build.

Hope you like this

Regards

Larsa

I remember building this one, and the result was bad. I just did not have that skill then.

Hopefully I have the skill nowadays so I take this build very slow and careful

Looks like your skills have definately improved Lars, top shelf work so far.

Hi

Old-hermit, nice to see you here also.Thanks all for the positive input. for te moment i struggle with tyres for the rod. i got a new kit and the rubber tyres (old style) is full of grease. My problem is this. I would like to have whitewalls and not Humbrol enamel or acrylic seams to stick on the rubber. New pics comes soon. searching the net for references on the flattie wires ect

Cheers

Lars

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Time for a update since last time. The front axle is painted ans the spring is glued in the new position.This will lower the front end of the Deuce I hope.

A number of holes was drilled thrue the axle just for adding the Oldschool style.

Bild026-1.jpg

Breaklines is installed at the rear axle, still the frontsystem is to be done.

Bild028.jpg

Bild029.jpg

The front axle is not glued in place, I´ll do this after the paintjob. I´ll need to be able to mask and paint the flames so the front end will have to wait.The work on the "flattie" is going on, for the moment the Stromberg´s are stripped from the crom and will be detailed up.

Bild031.jpg

Now when I hade the chance I´ll dry fitted the body over the frame for the first time. B):D and I myst say this is looking good already in my eyes.

Bild034.jpg

Cheers

Lars

• 1 year later...

Thanks guys

The paint is as glossy I can make it, three weeks ago I was at a model car contest here in Sweden and I just can tell that I have a long way to gp before I can deliver that kind off glossy shiny paint thoose guys show up.But this hobbie is about learning and skill.More updates soon.

//Larsa

Hi Folks

Just started to fix the last thing before the final setup.

The interior is in place and just need some touchups.The homemade 40 dash with keys and decals went out good and in my mind lifted the interior.

014.jpg

The Duvall is glued in place, still the hood needs to be "treated", the paint just got on it.

002-1.jpg

The rear lights is in place and the licenceplate is still to be put in place.

005-1.jpg

//Larsa

I see the start date goes back a bit on this.....glad I'm not alone in taking my time with things..... :blink: ;)

Larsa, you are undoubtedly building a master piece mate, looks absolutely fabulous, and extremely realistic in several photos. :huh:

If you had made that base blend in with the back ground just a little more, I'd have sworn it was a real one parked on the board walk at the beach....Two thumbs up mate. :huh: :lol:

that looks fantastic Lars.

how is the front end holding up with the weight of the motor and car? did you reinforce the wheel mountings somehow?

i ask because that always seems to be a sticky thing about these big cars, sheer weight and sooner or later the front axle collapses.

excellent work there even right down to the polished frame!

that looks fantastic Lars.

how is the front end holding up with the weight of the motor and car? did you reinforce the wheel mountings somehow?

i ask because that always seems to be a sticky thing about these big cars, sheer weight and sooner or later the front axle collapses.

excellent work there even right down to the polished frame!

Hi

The front holding up just fine, the only reinforcing I did too it was in the front axle.When I lowered the axle 2 peices off brassrods was used thrue the axle and spring,I f had boxe the frame I would come out with some more strength, so next 32 Ford witch will be full fendered will have a boxed frame..

//Larsa

• 4 weeks later...