Model Cars Magazine Forum

49 Merkenstein pick up

CB

Good ol' Doc Frankenstein decided he could use a new ride to transport his body parts, so since he couldn't find a cheap panel delivery, he decided to modify his 49 Merc :P

2-vi.jpg

He had IGOR go out and get him some body parts and started welding 'em up.

4auseforthemdonkywheels-vi.jpg

While IGOR was out he eyeballed some big tall wheels on some guys donky Impala,

decided they might look goodly on the good doctor's ride, so he grabbed them too.

10layingoutwheelopenings-vi.jpg

Doc agreed about the big wheels and they got em under the frame, set the body

next to it and layed out some lines so IGOR could get busy cuttin'.

12arrcutmetal-vi.jpg

So IGOR got started.....

16openedupmore-vi.jpg

...and they kept workin' thru the nite until they got the body back on for a look see :P

Ok that's ENUFF!!! Go take yer meds an quit torturein them poor lil ol Igors!!! How many you got tied up inna basement? That is the most reasonable thing I seen commin off yer bench in QUITE a while!!! Although, I NEVER expected to see DONKEY tirees on onena your builds. Still looks good though, for a half blind gimp fingered ol man!!! :P:P:D:P;)

George beat me to it. I seriously think you should have your meds checked as there's in imbalance there somewhere. John, my Friend, this looks like it's going to be another outrageous build. You never know what's going to surface next from your bench, but you always know it will be unique.

Hard to keep up with good ol' IGOR on this here project, but after getting him some much needed shut-eye, the good doctor got him a better look at them big tall tires pokin' up thru the front of his ride and didn't like it :D . Good ol' IGOR, always aimin' to please his master set to work to try and fix things up mo' better for the doc...

19hmmm-vi.jpg

...by going out and robbin some fenders off'n some other poor souls' 49 :blink: . But even IGOR could see dat that were'nt gonna work, so....

22COOLanotherbody-vi.jpg

...he done went back out and lifted a whole 'nother body off'n someone elses 49r! B):blink: IGOR's one busy boy! :lol:

25twofronts-vi.jpg

He struggled a good bit, but finally got them big ol' tires under them fat fenders..... but he had to widen the whole front unit to do so-- and then he seen dat ol' doc wouldn't be ables ta see thru dat chopped windyshield with it settin' way up there like dat...

27losingweight-vi.jpg

...so off came the widened hood & fenders so's he could whack off the pesky part what was holdin' everthing up <_<

29fatfronton-vi.jpg

Set the fat front back on and seen ol' doc wouldn't be able to steer them big tires thru them twisty windy graveyard roads :blink::angry: . IGOR was startin' to get just a little preturbed with the whole thing, but...

34-vi.jpg

...he layed some more cut lines....

45pd3-vi.jpg

..got the fat back on, shot some primer on it, and passed out :o

Guess we's all gotta wait until ol' Doc Franky checks on his ride-- and IGOR

Welp, I kin say's one thang fur shur, that ol' rascal shor iz UGLY!!! Whad ol Igor put a hachet whack upside it's haid fer? Spred them ol' eyes apart any further an they's gonna be lightin up seprate counties!!! Ok I unnerstand Lil Frankymerc,Merkystien, er watever it's name is,ain't never gonna know he was dopted(bless his lil nonsoul) But you caint let um see these pics a how he cum ta be. Jess letum thank he jus a NORMAL lil Cor! :lol::lol::lol:

POOR OL' MERKYSTEIN :blink:

RIGHT NOW HE LOOKS LIKE I DO ON A BAD DAY ;) ...SORTA DIS-COMBUBERATED :lol: .

WHY NOT JUST CHOP OFF THE TOP OF THE TIRES LIKE THE "TREEHUGGER" DOES.

DON'T EVEN HAV' TO WORRY 'BOUT SPENTION :lol: .

THAT'S WHAT I DID ON THIS OL' GAL.

2008_0823Photobucket10039.jpg

SHOUDA HEARD GREGG LAUGH :lol: AT THE GSL A FEW TIMES AGO WHEN I TURNED IT OVER AND SHOWED HIM THE UNDERSIDE.

After ol' IGOR woked up and seen his handiwork with the fat front fenders covering up them big ol rubbers, he figured maybe the good doc might like a bit of the same on the back too B)

b-vi.jpg

So he grabbed him the first set of fenders he ripped off that poor souls 49 and sliced 'em up and stuck 'em in place with his BIG hands for to see how they look :blink:

c-vi.jpg

He tried 'em this way and thataway.......

k-vi.jpg

...and finally decided to put 'em on thisaway, after torching them a bit :)

PWHATHAVEYOUDONEIGOR-vi.jpg

Then he made a BIG mistake :o -- he set the body back on backwards!!! Q-vi.jpg

Yep! Fer sure, ol' IGOR wasn't sure if'n his head weres on backwards or what, but he were sure worried 'bout what the doc was gonna say, so he did the only think he knowed to do to try and make things right...

R-vi.jpg

...and got to slicing and dicing again! :blink: He started feeling a little better since he had almost a whole 'nother body to be workin' with....Whew! B)

(maybe doc won't notice :unsure: )

Well fellers, (from a feller who aitn very well icon8.gif ) me & the good doc have beeened tryin' to stop ol' IGOR but 'parrently he's got body parts piled up agin the doors and we caint get in! :lol: 'Bout all we's can be doin' is looky thru the windows and watch... ;):lol:

U-vi.jpg

Ol' IGOR an' his big hairy hands are busy torchin' and a weldin'.......

X-vi.jpg

:blink: Whaaat!??? We's 'bout ready to call the firemans departmentals so's we can bustes our way in and put a stops to this here madness!

YC-vi.jpg

NOW WHAT??? Methinks doc is awonderin' just whose brain he done gived ol IGOR :D ?

ZB-vi.jpg

Hmmm......while ol' IGOR takes a li'l break.....seems he might have sumpin' here. Doc seems to be likin' what he be seein' here.

ZD-vi.jpg

Now what's he doin'??? We's really gotta get in there and give him a cookie or sumpin'!

ZH-vi.jpg

IGOR! IGOR!! What have you done to my ride?! :blink::lol:

Hey fellers! all's I be doin' is takin' pictures thru the window of doc's shop, what ol' IGOR got me & the good doc locked out of! I aint's got no control here! :P;)

ZI-vi.jpg

Apparently ol' IGOR put a rotating floor in da shop, or he be musclin' docs' ride around just so's we can be seein' what he up to with it-- guess he wanted us to see what he be doin to the front :D

ZP-vi.jpg

Well, it look like he be addin' some mo' sheet metal-- tryin' to fix his mistake....

ZT-vi.jpg

He sure do have some strange workin' methods :lol:

ZU-vi.jpg

OH GREAT!! he done pulled the body off AGAIN!!! wonder which way he gonna put it back on this time?

ZV-vi.jpg

I caint be sure if'n he put it back the sames way or what.......oh, ok-- yeah dat pickem up bed......

IGOR! you done ripped somebody's bed off'n their CHEBBY??!! Oh, man...... ;)

12-vi.jpg

There he go again, takin' the body off......