Model Cars Magazine Forum

'66 GTO project!!!

cruz

Cruz!! What are you doing using Franklin Mint Models to take credit for this GTO? I purchased a F/M GTO last month and the chassis looks identical to that one! :lol:
:lol::lol: That's funny, I was thinking the exact same thing! :lol::D Cruz, what clear did you use for your GTO? Looks like urethane, do you order a specific brand? I keep reading about people here ordering some paints from various places as far as Japan. Where do you order yours?

:lol::lol: That's funny, I was thinking the exact same thing! :lol::lol: Cruz, what clear did you use for your GTO? Looks like urethane, do you order a specific brand? I keep reading about people here ordering some paints from various places as far as Japan. Where do you order yours?
Dupli-Color paint, 6.00 dollars! Clear, 1.96! Not having to look for paint outside of Maryland, Priceless!!!!! :D:D:D:D

• 3 weeks later...

Okay guys, it's been quite a while since the last time I posted any pictures of the progress of this build, I will not bore you with details because a picture says a thousand words. I just finished adding some photo-etch detail and interior work along with the completed and painted rims and tires. I should be done with this build by the end of this week, at least I hope...... <_<:rolleyes:

gto010-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

gto007-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

gto028-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

gto031-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

gto032-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

gto040-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

gto038-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

gto036-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

gto042-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

gto045-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Looking awesome so far! Can't wait to see it completed.

Don't forget the chrome trim on the taillight louvers!

My brother had one of these (1:1 scale) and even thought it was a repainted, rag-tag, rusted-out, piece, I still remember it fondly...

Yes brother, I am still trying to figure out how am I to do that chrome trim on such a small space, I'll come up with something.... <_< Perhaps very small strips of BMF???? :rolleyes::D

Yes brother, I am still trying to figure out how am I to do that chrome trim on such a small space, I'll come up with something.... B) Perhaps very small strips of BMF???? :D:o

Either that Cruz, or just lay the BMF on the very edge of the ridge, and then take your X-acto and cut in the open space of the slot. Any excess you can "tuck" under the backside of the tail-light slot.

Oh man, the best GTO build I have ever seen, a truly amazing model. Love the redline tires, they absolutely look much better than the ones in the kit. This thing screams "Magazine Cover Car". What shade of white did you use for the interior? It seems to have the correct shade and sheen from the era. I also loved the little key chain you placed on the console, nice touch, did it come with the photo etch kit?

Oh man, the best GTO build I have ever seen, a truly amazing model. Love the redline tires, they absolutely look much better than the ones in the kit. This thing screams "Magazine Cover Car". What shade of white did you use for the interior? It seems to have the correct shade and sheen from the era. I also loved the little key chain you placed on the console, nice touch, did it come with the photo etch kit?
Thank you Kevin as well as the rest of the fellas!! The shade of white I used for the interior is Tamiya's Insignia White, comes in a spray can and in my opinion has a nice sheen to it even though you can still make it a tad glossier to give it that "Armor All" look. The key chain w/ keys is supplied w/ the photo-etch kit, I too liked the idea... :):D