Model Cars Magazine Forum

Where can I get...

1/24th scale liquor bottles? I need some for a project I'll be working on soon...

Marshall,

I actually carved bottles from 1'24th scale sprue before with some pretty convincing results. It takes a bit of time, but you can practically make any shape or size bottle with some sanding sticks and time. Just a thought... ;)

Marshall, I actually carved bottles from 1'24th scale sprue before with some pretty convincing results. It takes a bit of time, but you can practically make any shape or size bottle with some sanding sticks and time. Just a thought... :D

Thanks Brian, but I want to be lazy. Plus I don't have any way to make labels for them. I appreciate your suggestion though! :lol:

I've just been searching for 1/24th scale stuff for a diorama and have a few links for ya I had saved. G scale railroad and 1/2" to the foot doll house items are the same as 1/24th scale.

Wine and Liquor bottles

white wine

more wine and liquor ..might be same as above

That's perfect Mike. Thanks! I appreciate your finding those for me! ;)

if you've got a well stocked hobbyshop in your area look in the military section for stuff like this. Verlinden makes bottles that are pretty nice. G scale railroad stuff is pretty good too.

you could chuck some clear styrene in a cordless drill and shape some bottles up too

Dave

Thanks Dave. My LHS carries mostly "HO" stuff, and very little "G" scale.

Mike , any of the M P C - A M T 1928 Lincon kits will yield several liquor bottles . They came in all the issues on the chrome tree. Sorry I don't have any spares as I used mine to do coke bottles in the Shell shaped Shell station diorama I did back two years ago . Ed Shaver