Model Cars Magazine Forum

DRAG IMPORTS BUILD OFF

20PSI

Jay what front tires are you using with the Pro Track fronts? Everything looking great, keep up the good work!

The only pics I have so far are just teasers of my GTR, more to come soon! Promise :)

IMG_3592.jpg

IMG_3596.jpg

Shucky....This is going to look great. I like where you are going with this kit.

The fronts are slicks from a very old Monogram Nascar kit shaved and sanded. The rears ... well they are the same diameter as the fronts but a bit wider and I have no idea what kit those came from lol .. I may end up using the Nascar slicks all the way around with some M&H decals on the sidewalls. On all 4 I had to dremel the inside diameter a bit in order to fit the Pro Tracks.

Edited by shucky

If you are talking about this one, yes it is a Corolla 1.8. I think this is a one off creation. I dont think the ever made this model in a two door, they did however make a 4 door version, so I'm pretty sure this model was scratchbuilt. If you notice the car has sort of a flair over the front wheels but not the back.You can still find the 4 door version on ebay.

DSCF0052-vi.jpg

If you are talking about this one, yes it is a Corolla 1.8. I think this is a one off creation. I dont think the ever made this model in a two door, they did however make a 4 door version, so I'm pretty sure this model was scratchbuilt. If you notice the car has sort of a flair over the front wheels but not the back.You can still find the 4 door version on ebay.

DSCF0052-vi.jpg

That was made from a 4 dr. It was just worked into a 2dr.

i know it's coming slowly but here's an update. it's still needing some things like clamps for the "silicone couplers" which i'll probably do from BMF. i am also needing to make a radiator support or something, plus the strut tower bar. then i'll be moving on to the interior to button that up. this is my first time doing a complete one-off and i understand not everything lines up perfectly but i really don't care at this point. all four wheels are on the ground :)

anyways, here's my update:

DSC02345.jpg

DSC02346.jpg

DSC02347.jpg

DSC02348.jpg

DSC02349.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey!!

i'm only new here but not to the game, any chance i can jump in with this

IMG_1212-vi.jpg

IMG_1214-vi.jpg

as you can see it has been started but only the interior has been painted but will be stripped anyway and the body has been primed, if not, no big deal i will find something else! :D

Hey!!

i'm only new here but not to the game, any chance i can jump in with this

IMG_1212-vi.jpg

IMG_1214-vi.jpg

as you can see it has been started but only the interior has been painted but will be stripped anyway and the body has been primed, if not, no big deal i will find something else! :lol:

You're in! B)

• 2 weeks later...

any chance i can join with this?. im from australia and been looking for a site like this for ages. not sure what ill be biulding yet. im building a r34 gtr drag car but its a steel body so cant join with that. ill be off to the model shop asap to see what i should build. proberly a datsun off some sort.

[DATLDO]

any chance i can join with this?. im from australia and been looking for a site like this for ages. not sure what ill be biulding yet. im building a r34 gtr drag car but its a steel body so cant join with that. ill be off to the model shop asap to see what i should build. proberly a datsun off some sort.

[DATLDO]

Of course you can join this! I'll add you to the list.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I have to say I'm sorry. I had a lot of stuff get in the way of my project. I did bite off more than I could chew at the moment at left it in a box. I will certainly get back to it but I feel bad for not posting anything in a long time. also any ideas for a roll cage for this would help. I'm ready to ditch this car due to I've built 4 cages and the roofline and I do not get along. So those met the garbage. brianspics2017.jpgopeninplacemock.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Made a little progress on the Soarer this morning.

I cut down a seat from an old Monogram nascar, fit the chassis to the body, and started making an air/water intercooler for it.

I also adapted a lenco trans to a Supra engine. I think I'm gonna shorten the bell housing a bit so the engine sits a little farther back.

I'm probably gonna get rid of the front mudflaps as well, but leave the rear ones on to keep the rubber off of the quarters while she's in the burnout box. :lol:

Here's a quick mockup:

100_3138.jpg

100_3146.jpg

100_3135.jpg

By the way, GREAT work so far everyone! I have a lot of catchin' up to do...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Forgot to post here. A lot of work has been done.

med_gallery_5771_487_20180.jpg

1. All aluminum 815 cubic inch dry sump block. It contains many titanium parts and housings.

2. Aluminum Ford Boss 9 style hemi heads by Kasse.

3. Twin 100 mm computer controlled turbos that blow 34 lbs of pressure.

4. Magnesium cross-ram intake manifold.

5. Two injectors per cylinder. One in the intake runner and one sprays directly into the cylinder, ala a sprint car engine.

6. Reverse-flow cooling with inline electric water pumps.

7. Crank-triggered adjustable computer controlled ignition with individual coils.

8. Computer controlled compressed CO2 cooled inter-coolers and radiators.

9. Ferrari based computer controlled, auto shifting, three-speed transaxel allows wider/stronger gears. This has the latest F-1 software which allows gear shifts in 40 milliseconds. It also has launch control which can be turned off.

10. Computer controlled six disc clutch.

• 2 weeks later...