Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lloyd Woddington's Hot Rod Bus - update

Lyle Willits

'32 Ford resin bus from RMR. All of the panel lines have been rescribed because they were barely visable. Holes have been drilled for red and amber lights. Most stuff molded to the rear of the body have been removed and tailights will be added later. It will be Krylon yellow (of course).

IMG_4805-vi.jpg

IMG_4807-vi.jpg

I've modified the interior in a few places. The class is currently studying old school rods, so they have been given lots of old magazines.

IMG_4803-vi.jpg

IMG_4804-vi.jpg

The wheels were given to me awhile ago by club member Gary Sutherlin. I think maybe they are Plymouth Prowler wheels - not sure. '32 Ford caps added to the centers and disc brakes all around.

IMG_4808-vi.jpg

Mockup using the AMT deuce hood and grille shell. (Don't ask me why RMR based this on the 50 year old AMT kits instead of the current revell kits.)

IMG_4809-vi.jpg

Edited by Lyle Willits

• 2 weeks later...

Very Cool Lyle, I can tell you that there was a lot of work went into converting that thing from right hand drive to left hand drive. I started the LS Hobbies full length version a coup;le a years back with a '37 Ford front end. It has since had the '37 Ford parts removed and shortened 1 full window behind the rear wheels.

Very Cool Lyle, I can tell you that there was a lot of work went into converting that thing from right hand drive to left hand drive. I started the LS Hobbies full length version a coup;le a years back with a '37 Ford front end. It has since had the '37 Ford parts removed and shortened 1 full window behind the rear wheels.

I agree wholeheartedly with the back of the stop sign! :) this is one kit you can take to a club or show and there won't be 10 other of the same kit. Keep up the good work.

Gary

Tough enough! Still want to do one from the ole drag bus with 41 Chev front. Started one, sectioned and chopped and shortened then took to a show and someone wanted it so bam, gotta do another with few changes.

Are you coming to Atlanta??? E-mail me dgharrell1@yahoo.com. We met up with you in Toledo. From N.C. also Clemmons!