Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tomb Raider Jeep rubicon

caymin last

Just noticed the date in the camera is all wacky, sorry. I picked this up at a thrift store, a while back. I had some time on my hands and decided to throw it together. My skills are not on par with some of you guys so please!, bear with me.

DSCN6889-1.jpg

I did paint a few parts before putting the chassis together, all the bits laid out.

DSCN7066.jpg

Got the interior assembled. Did a minor bit of detailing on the dash ect.

DSCN7069.jpg

Made the noob mistake of using CA cement and will have to do some touch up.

what the .......

i thougt she drove a landrover defender

stupid product placement :)

She did in the second Movie.(??)

It is a nice parts Jeep too for some good Pro Comp Xterrain Radials

The tires scale out (in 1/25) to 35x12.50R-15

Good looking Dash Detailing, it sure needed it.

Thank You guys for the kind words and encouragement. Angelina ? must be tending to all those kids she has LOL.

I was being impatient with this build and made some silly mistakes, like using CA glue ect. Anyway with a few touch ups and some minor sanding it should look better. I believe the tires are Mickey Thompson Baja Claws, 1 /12" dia. x 1/2" wide.

DSCN6892.jpg

Parts laid out for final assembly.

DSCN7068.jpg

Apart from the obvious, it turned out looking OK.

DSCN7074.jpg

DSCN7073.jpg

DSCN7076.jpg

Thank for taking a look, I still have a couple of other 1/24 kits waiting and i intend taking my time with those.

Jeep Wrangler Rubicon “Tomb Raiderâ€

Of all the model kits with metal body and a figure included, they really blew it by failing to include an Anjelina Jolie figure!

Here is a few reference pics.

43wfmorgallery-vi.jpg

42hknxlgallery-vi.jpg

41ugagngallery-vi.jpg

jolie.jpg

this is one of the few cases where the scale rims and tires look better than the 1:1's :D

nice job on the build! the tires are backwards, unless you are driving on soft sand?

Dave

Very true, htey are pretty nice.

Did any of you guys ever notice that the rims included with this kit are 6 lug instead of the proper 5 lug bolt pattern?

Great job on the Rubicon. Here's mine I built a few years ago, my first attempt at weathering. I'd love to find another one but they can be hard to come by.

162_6290.jpg

162_6295.jpg

Oh Yea! I like it, looks a lot better than mine. A little bit of dust and road grime add to the realism, very nice.

I got mine at a Big Lots store, they had a few, but seems like they are all gone now.

BTW, I corrected the backwards tires, thanks for the heads-up. I will look for some reference pics in future, and take my time to do a better job, thanks.