Model Cars Magazine Forum

WORK BENCH SATURDAYS!!

Jared Roach

I have been working on this for a few weeks now.

1/16 Minicraft 31 Ford Roadster building it pretty much box stock except for a little engine detailing.

013_zpsad9d5f9a.jpg

This is my off and on project which i'm still gathering parts for.

1/16 Minicraft 31 Ford sedan, i cut 1/4" out of the roof but not sure if that was enough yet i might cut it apart and take a little more out yet.

Plan is for a Hemi, a suicide front end and drop it down in the weeds!

015_zps8b9f0eaf.jpg

Hey, I didn't even notice the tank when I was looking earlier. I've got a 10 gallon saltwater in my hobby room right now. Like cobraman said, what kind of fish you got???

You having good luck with a 10 gallon salt water tank ? Salt water normally is a lot larger than a 10 gallon is it not ?

You having good luck with a 10 gallon salt water tank ? Salt water normally is a lot larger than a 10 gallon is it not ?

It is, this is just a quarintine tank with some weird black slug sort of thing that came from the live rock, I've got a 90 gallon I'm setting up in the living room. There are a lot of people that have small salt tanks like this one, but you have to stay on top of taking care of it, changes happen fast with that small of a tank.

It is, this is just a quarintine tank with some weird black slug sort of thing that came from the live rock, I've got a 90 gallon I'm setting up in the living room. There are a lot of people that have small salt tanks like this one, but you have to stay on top of taking care of it, changes happen fast with that small of a tank.

90 gallon is a nice size tank. I work at a Petco store and spend a lot of my time in Aquatics. I have a small 16 gallon bow front that I still need to set up. What fish do you plan for the 90 gallon ? I bet a Yellow Tang is on your list. Those are so cool.

its a 20 gal freshwater community tank with 2 bala sharks, 2 leapord angels, and 4 mollies. i also have a 5.5 gal seperate tank for my crowntail betta. the running water and model glue keep me serene......LOL the angel fish are named bandit and snowman, after my favorite movie SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT!

post-10540-0-33178100-1348453648_thumb.j

post-10540-0-32148100-1348453663_thumb.j

Edited by TheGrandfatherHobbies

90 gallon is a nice size tank. I work at a Petco store and spend a lot of my time in Aquatics. I have a small 16 gallon bow front that I still need to set up. What fish do you plan for the 90 gallon ? I bet a Yellow Tang is on your list. Those are so cool.

I would love to get a yellow tang, I'm still debating on if I have enough room for one in a 90, some say its ok, others say you need 120+ for one. I definitely want a couple clownfish, a purple firefish, possibly a couple yellow headed jawfish, and I don't know what else. A mandrin fish would be cool, but that ones gotta wait for awhile.

I didnt get to post this on saturday, my computer was totally messed up, but i fixed it, and im back in business!

i added a new light to my workbench, you can never have too much light.......

photo-vi.jpg

work continues on the Munson olds.......im hoping to have it done in a couple weeks, or less. i wanted ot have it done for a show this coming weekend, but there is not enuff time........next year i guess.

cheers

bryan

ok one more fishtank pic promise. lol its got my model shelf behind it though......and bryan i love ur setup....i have an old bolt cabinet laying around this gives me an idea........sure is better than what i do now in the drawer.......

post-10540-0-72448200-1348538958_thumb.j

post-10540-0-34433100-1348539235_thumb.j

Edited by TheGrandfatherHobbies

Thanks William! its just an old computer desk that i modified for building models.....i removed some stuff, added some stuff. im kinda nuts when it comes ot being organized, thats why i have all those drawers to put stuff in......im kinda ocd when it comes to my car, or my workbench.

cheers

bryan