Model Cars Magazine Forum

WORK BENCH SATURDAYS!!

Jared Roach

yes Jonathan. I cant remember his name off hand, but he does the rollbacks and a few other things

Thanks, I have to say his rollback is impressive, the only thing that I dont like the is the thickness of the wheel lift bars, other then that I have thought a few times about buying one

Oh this is fun and thought it was about time I added a few pics myself. I'm envious of most of your work spaces. I can't seem to keep mine clean and organized. Maybe too many hobbies trying to occupy the same hobby room.

Workbench1.jpg

Workbench2.jpg

On my bench right now is the AA/FA Fiat Topolino. I'm trying to figure out the paint scheme so that's the print out on the left.

where did u get yout back wheels and hubs ?

Yesterday, I was surprised to learn that my workbench has a top. I remember seeing it years ago, but I just flat-out forgot it was there. My daughter and I are both starting new projects this weekend. I'm building a replica of an uncle's pickup truck, and Rachael is building something really old and almost steampunk.

2012-07-14.jpg

Here's my plastic garage today.

20120721_222459.jpg

But what am I building? :o

A Riviera wagon it looks?

Painting that bleeding yellow-and-red plastic together will be all kinds of not fun! Remember, one or two coats of gray primer, a THIN coat of silver paint, one more coat of primer, and that'll do a pretty good job of sealing the plastic.

Charlie Larkin

A Riviera wagon it looks?

Painting that bleeding yellow-and-red plastic together will be all kinds of not fun! Remember, one or two coats of gray primer, a THIN coat of silver paint, one more coat of primer, and that'll do a pretty good job of sealing the plastic.

Charlie Larkin

Thanks for the heads up Charlie!

The subject is correct. :)

I was afraid that's going to happen so I've thought about it. The roof is from a Chevelle that was painted

red without any primer so that alone would be enough to take special care. So the yellow isn't much less

tricky?

I got a long time trying detail done this Saturday ... the grill for my wife's '95 Subaru Legacy! This was the 3rd attempt and it looks right. Had to glue three .01" bars and two .15" spacers of immensely small size together. Just some cleanup and Alclad on the grill surround. The long bar is the 2nd attempt that expanded as I sanded the back down .. fail.

I took Sunday off after this!!

Also in the pic is casting of GMC logo for my daughter's van.

legacygrillDSC_0784.jpg

Edited by Foxer

You might want to soak the car in the stripper of your choice prior to adding anymore paint. It'll prevent a whole host of problems.

This will be very interesting to see what you come up with.

Charlie Larkin

I used "Yes Power spray" (Called Fairy in the UK i think) to soften the paint enough to get the main layer off. I'm not sure what to use next.

I don't like using brake fluid because of how the plastic feels afterwards. Sometimes I wish I was living in the US since you seem to have a

lot of good stuff that we don't here in Sweden. :(

I hope I won't have to feel ashamed about the result once it's done, but you never know. ;) It'll have to be ready for the B.U.C.K. show the

first weekend of November. That's the deadline for a community build I initiated at www.skallerackers.se :).