Model Cars Magazine Forum

WORK BENCH SATURDAYS!!

Jared Roach

I agree, those tires/wheels look great, I see four skyline sets, maybe five. Dave, you should join the Foreign CBP I have going

Didnt get a lot of work done today, spent the first have of the day at the swap meet, then it was club meeting this evening, I will get my R35 SpecV finished tonight, all I have to do is attached the mirrors, and the side marker lights. If it doesn't rain tomorrow, I will be able to get pics taken.

I know it's not saturday but i done some work to day to build a little organization rack for my work bench and i figured this would be the best place to show it off

comments and suggestions please

IMG_20120319_165658.jpg

and what's currently on the bench

IMG_20120320_002458.jpg

the wood paint rack withe XBOX is today's addition to the work bench to organize and optimize space on the bench

Edited by drpndstroy

well had it not been for the new paint rack i would have never realized that i had a few duplicates of select paint colors so I'm happy i took a few hours to organize years of disarray.

and the dually is one of those old projects from years ago that i plan to revive after i get done with some of the new projects that I've selected to get me back into the hobby.

Dave, love the R34, what blue are using?, it looks like one of the one coats

This on the bench now, decided I want to get the DBS started , working on getting the mold lines removed, almost there

am1.jpg

Also working the JL GTO kit, these was my second body painted using an A/B, ran out of paint

p1-20.jpg

And eleanor, the black stripes did not come out very good, even using 3M tape and clear coated the tape edges.

p2-20.jpg

And working on this Phoenix PD ford

p3-17.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

Shane, i'm not sure what those wheels are exactly. i can tell you that they are from Aoshima and came with some audio parts.

the Skyline is painted with Model Masters Viper GTS blue lacquer. i finished my polishing session on that thing at about 10:30, but i still have one final polish to do on the whole thing. no burn through this time though! there is a red R32 waiting it's turn now........

Haha, the same :D color I paint my R34/R35, it really looks good on them huh?

s2.jpg

Whoa...I forgot to post these (pics of a freshly cleaned bench),and guess what...that garage I scored of eBay a couple months ago...PERFECT fit in there,woohoo!!! :DB)

001.jpg

002.jpg

That's gunna be a kewel way to showcase WIP's as well as finished builds...moneys well spent,IMHO :D

I actually have one of these to post on a Saturday,LOL! :P And yes,this is the new bench :D

002-1.jpg

001-1.jpg

And an obligatory garage shot...

07.jpg

Jonathan...it's Revell '37 Ford truck,will be traditional,and fenderless,and done bby mid week at the latest B) (it's a 96 hour build entry elsewhere :P )

Edited by Olskoolrodder