Model Cars Magazine Forum

WORK BENCH SATURDAYS!!

Jared Roach

Oh yes the 96 hour build , looking good. I need to finish up the top gears cars, but I am at the BMF stage and I really , really dont want to :lol: , same for Eleanor, she needs her BMF to be finisher as well. I will get a pic soon

I'm running a bit behind on te 96'er due to holiday weekend,so I've cut two days off it,will add them starting tomorrow ;)

I like that computer desk for a workbench, Steve. Nice job on the dio, too.

Charlie Larkin

Thanks,Charlie! I didn't build the dio though,scored it off eBay a couple months back,the dude hand builds each one and sells em for under a C-Note shipped :)

well i am working on a couple of golden oldies from AMT: first the Tognottis King T from the double pack with the Wild Dream, and also the Triumph motorcycle with fairing that came with the 62 ford f100 pickup, as repopped by reps and mins of maryland...

closerin1.jpg

what you can see are the stock exhaust pipes for the Triumph, the Dunstall mufflers i made as replacements to the stock mufflers, upper and lower support arms and shocks and axles from the King T, disk brakes i am using on the king t instead of the non detailed ones that came with it (the kit and car were surprisingly sophisticated for the time what with the inboard disk brakes and suspension arms and stuff like that back there). to the right of that you can see some decals i have chosen for the eggshell like faring for the Triumph, and to the left of that you can see the fuel cap (kinda small and unimpressive but i hope to make it better) and the triumph frame with motor in place and finally the frame to the King T. looking kinda busy but really the kool stuff is on the other side: the candy purple with silver stripe parts for the Triumph and the newly yellow Surfite body!

• 2 months later...

Contrary to belief that I do not build, lol... heres whats on my bench today

Cadillac - HOK kandy Tangerine Intensifier over HOK Orion Silver, with kyrlon "brown boots" top/interior and nissan orange seat inserts

'61 - Testors One shot Purple metalflake with pearl white inserts, and modified '59 impala skirts.

IMG_0714.jpg

IMG_0715.jpg

IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0718.jpg

also been toying around with my tow pig

IMG_3773.jpg