Model Cars Magazine Forum

WORK BENCH SATURDAYS!!

Jared Roach

Back in the summer we had a hurricane come up the east coast. After that went through it rained for a good solid week non stop. So much water that my waterproofing system installed in the basement couldn't keep up with discarding the rain water and we got flooded. My model room is in the basement. Luckily I didn't loose anything model wise from the water coming in the house. However I did have to go around 16inches up from the floor and cut out the dry wall and replace. Along with insulation and moldings. My daughters and My bed room is in the basement as well so I'm having to rebuild those rooms as well. When I went to remove the drywall I found mold growing and had to deal with that as well. Its been a process to say the least. So here's my room as it sits this morning....

DSC06289-vi.jpgDSC06290-vi.jpg

It had been a few months since I was able to build do to all this. I was withdrawing form styrene so bad I made a make shift table on the other side of the basement to build a curb side on. My modeling supplies are packed away with the construction going on but I got out the bare essentials just to feed the need to build. I'm working on a 49 Mercury and should have it done this weekend. Here it sits...

DSC06292-vi.jpg

Here's my submission. I built the shelf unit from a bunch of old shelves that were in this basement when I bought the house. Behind is my Kevin Harvick diecast collection with a sprinkling of customs, both purchased and built. The current projects are of course, the big General Lee and whatever Christmas decorations that my wife brings down for repair. The 1/25th Charger in the background is primarily for ref with the General, but next to it is an S-10 Blazer that will replicate the one currently driven by my son. Thought I'd also share my Mass State cruiser case. I built all of them, except for the 1/43rds and a few of the 1/24ths are conversions.

003-vi.jpg

004-vi.jpg

005-vi.jpg

Forces me to limit ongoing projects at one time also,LOL! :blink::lol: My biggest problem is DUST...this place might be a COMPLETELY remodeled (literally everything but the walls themselves brand new before we bought it) house,but it's MUCH dustier than the old place...welcome to city living town houses I suppose,LOL! :P:lol:

I picked that up shortly after moving here at a local Goodwill for cheap. I could be better organised with it's layout (for eg: I could have supplies stashed in that cabinet rather than 6-8 kits...),but it's serving it's new purpose well so far :)

Edited by Olskoolrodder

i know its only friday but i figured i would post my pics now

this is my entire work space(i was lucky to steal this much space from my dad) you can see my rc trucks in the left corner .and the models on the bigger desk

IMAG0158.jpg

just some of my supplies i have aquired the past months and thats alot since i have no money since in college

IMAG0160.jpg

a sneak preview of my current car

IMAG0159.jpg

Trying to finish my '61 Ranchero. I have lowered both the front and rear, added custom wheels and tires from Revell's '67 Chevelle kit.

It received a two-tone paint job of grape and silver. The front and rear bumpers are painted silver.

The interior is black and there is a resin hood from Drag City Casting. It has the engine from the "'32 Phantom Vicky kit.

A few more details and it will be done! :)

MarksModels001-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Misc_Photos048-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

003-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

100_1474-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

100_1473-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

finally hinged the trunk and made the interior pans im not putting a stereo in it just some stickerbombed longboards im gonna scratch build.

DvIBc.jpg

suTkI.jpg

ih16A.jpg

Bs0S5.jpg

UHpXC.jpg

FYxv5.jpg

fell off the shelf and lost one of the starwire wheels im definetly putting the cragars on once i get the brake rotors painted it goes nicer with the look.

enaG9.jpg

F99ee.jpg

luB5i.jpg