Model Cars Magazine Forum

Just wanted to drop a line and say hello to everyone here. I have been lurking for a while and finally decided to sign up for an account. Everything that i have seen so far has been great i really love all the custom stuff.

I'm really interested in truck building, and might be spending most of my time in the truck builders forum. I have been out of the hobby for a long time (years) and am hoping to get back into it. So if i ask anything stupid or post something in the wrong section, please have some patience with me, i am new here.

Now for what might be my first dumb question.

I did a search but didnt turn anything up. Has anyone here built a Rock Crawler, or trail truck? I am interested in seeing what and how it was done. I would like to build one but not sure where to start.

Can someone please point me in the right direction.

Thank you, C

Guest snapper

Yeah, welcome from me too C. I'm sorry I don't know where I have seen any crawler models - would be cool to see those though. You mentioned being a truck builder, but seems like a little bit of everything is posted "Under Glass". I like to build certain types, but personally, I also like seeing all the different models (NASCAR, Drag, Trucks, etc.) "Under Glass" (I frequently don't visit all the different sections) - there are things from modelers and different "cars" that you can learn that apply across the board.

Hi Carlos,

I'm a nubie here too. I'm building my first model in almost 45 years and the people here have pointed me in the right direction with every question I have asked! They are a great bunch of friends to have on your side.

Welcome to the forum, I look foreward to seeing your posts again.

Later,

Charlie

Thank you all for the warm welcome..

Although i said i would spend my time in the truck forum, i know that will be untrue, every section of this forum has amazing stuff, from tip and tricks to some simply amazing builds. I'm not really sure where i am going to start building, the two new trucks i just bought or maybe continue with where i left off years ago building an olds 442. I really want to do a rock crawler, but need to figure out how to do a full roll cage for it first. I hope the Big Kahuna pops in, i have an RC crawler myself, along with a few other RC cars and trucks.

Thanks again everyone.. Carlos

Thank you all for the warm welcome..

Although i said i would spend my time in the truck forum, i know that will be untrue, every section of this forum has amazing stuff, from tip and tricks to some simply amazing builds. I'm not really sure where i am going to start building, the two new trucks i just bought or maybe continue with where i left off years ago building an olds 442. I really want to do a rock crawler, but need to figure out how to do a full roll cage for it first. I hope the Big Kahuna pops in, i have an RC crawler myself, along with a few other RC cars and trucks.

Thanks again everyone.. Carlos

Have you been on the MCM Model truck forum? If not, here it is: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showforum=6

I've only bought one 1/25 truck, then sold it a little later. I peruse all areas of the forum and find tips & tricks, ideas are everywhere.

Enjoy the MCM forum,

Gary