Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

40 Ford

noname

I had this thing all painted up with rust and grime to boot.

IMG_4443.jpg

IMG_4446.jpg

But... it didn't look quite right to me. So I took a chance on ruining what I had done and thrown some salt and paint on. I went with a darker blue (enamel instead of laquer ) hopeing some spots of lighter blue would come through. which it did. I still have to lighten up the upper surfaces a bit, sand the sheen away and add a little of this and that. I think it turned out okay. What to you all say? Better before or after?

IMG_4450.jpg

IMG_4452.jpg

Edited by noname

I had this thing all painted up with rust and grime to boot.

IMG_4443.jpg

IMG_4446.jpg

But... it didn't look quite right to me. So I took a chance on ruining what I had done and thrown some salt and paint on. I went with a darker blue (enamel instead of laquer ) hopeing some spots of lighter blue would come through. which it did. I still have to lighten up the upper surfaces a bit, sand the sheen away and add a little of this and that. I think it turned out okay. What to you all say? Better before or after?

IMG_4450.jpg

IMG_4452.jpg

i think there both good i been thinking of doing something like this with my 41 willys then build up the rest as a normal build

Thank you for the comments guys. The kit is the Amt and I used the salt technique with acrylics and pastels. It all starts with the red oxide primer. There is alot of ways to weather models. I've used Sophisticated Finishes before as well with favorable results. It's all good and alot of fun!

After I go back over it with some more acrylics and pastels, I'll post more pics. This was intended to be an old 50's drag car. I'm making a curbside out of it so hopefully it won't take too long.