Model Cars Magazine Forum

Started wiring the HEMI!!!

nascarfan

This has been an off and on project for fun and earlier tonight I started wiring the engine and fitted the air cleaners!! I also slapped some headlight covers on!! I put the hood scoop from the color me gone kit on but I had to raise it to cear the air cleaners :rolleyes:

AWBdodge001.jpg

AWBdodge008.jpg

AWBdodge004.jpg

AWBdodge006.jpg

The hood still needs some work :)

Do you know where I can find a std body like that without the altered wheel base? Wanting one forever to do a replica of a movie car. That one looks correct with the roof pillar and single headlights even though it looks like it's made for duals. I need a std wheelbase car though.

Do you know where I can find a std body like that without the altered wheel base? Wanting one forever to do a replica of a movie car. That one looks correct with the roof pillar and single headlights even though it looks like it's made for duals. I need a std wheelbase car though.

Sorry no I do not!! I'm sure Johan made it but this is a resin body, and the single headlight was specific to AWB cars to save weight. :)

Sorry no I do not!! I'm sure Johan made it but this is a resin body, and the single headlight was specific to AWB cars to save weight. :)

Thanks. Looks like your off to a good start on that one.

I don't have any pics of the car I want, but I did find a couple you tube clips from the movie that the car was in. First clip shows it unpainted on the hook and you can see it again at the 10 sec mark painted black. Second clip shows it in it's only street race scene with the bad guy.

Hot Rod chase scene

So far I have built the Willy's and won a contest with it. I have the 34 Ford tow truck almost finished. I need to paint and decal the Olds body that you see in the sec. clip. If I could find that black Dodge I'd be happy. I'll never get the AMC patrol cars. I bet they were never made.

Edited by dwc43

Thanks. Looks like your off to a good start on that one.

I don't have any pics of the car I want, but I did find a couple you tube clips from the movie that the car was in. First clip shows it unpainted on the hook and you can see it again at the 10 sec mark painted black. Second clip shows it in it's only street race scene with the bad guy.

Hot Rod chase scene

So far I have built the Willy's and won a contest with it. I have the 34 Ford tow truck almost finished. I need to paint and decal the Olds body that you see in the sec. clip. If I could find that black Dodge I'd be happy. I'll never get the AMC patrol cars. I bet they were never made.

The car in the movie is referred to as a Dodge, but is actually a '65 Plymouth. MCW has resin bodies.

cant go wrong with a hemi ;)

that is a nice looking model, will this be a sleeper (if that is possible with that hood, wheelbase and lift) or will this baby get full warcolours?

Not sure yet to what I will do!! Mopar did have a few factory AWB's built from the factory, so I could go that way or?????

I want that Hemi dart so bad................... <_<

The car in the movie is referred to as a Dodge, but is actually a '65 Plymouth. MCW has resin bodies.

Thanks. Yeah, I know the kid called it a Dodge, but I knew it was not. I'll do a search for that, and see if I can find it. You would not happen to have a link for it??

It seems back in my foggy memory, some resin caster did a Matador NASCAR body. That would be the basis for your four door police car with a bit of work.

This guy scratched one from JOHANs Rebel...at least you wouldn't have to modify the tail light panel.

http://www.ovaltrackmodels.com/dz16.htm

Yeah, I forgot about those, but that's probably out of my league of exp there.

Not sure yet to what I will do!! Mopar did have a few factory AWB's built from the factory, so I could go that way or?????

I want that Hemi dart so bad................... ;)

Here's you some reference pics for inspiration.

http://musclecars.howstuffworks.com/classi...d-wheelbase.htm

http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/hrd...dere/index.html

http://www.allpar.com/history/plymouth/1965.html

at the line

Gate City

Learners Sales

Not sure what Dart you are looking for, but I found this by accident and they have several Darts. http://www.speedcityresin.com/

Revell is scheduled to release a 68 hemi dart!! B)

Revell is scheduled to release a 68 hemi dart!! :)

I'd love to have one of those. I got the chance to judge an original 68 Hemi Dart at a car show a few years ago. It was a black one that had made the car mags at the time, so you may have seen a pic of it in a mag somewhere.