Model Cars Magazine Forum

community muscle car build anyone ?

diymirage

i added you to the list and ill send you a PM with an invoice for the $12.75 sign up cost for the build off

just kidding bro

you'll find that we have a great family here and we do kid around with each other B)

looking forward to see some of your work

so, if im not prying, what type of surgery is it ?

i asume its not too terrible since your online now and it seems youll be back to building prety quick after that

Sorry it took so long to reply to your post. I had a problem with the computer, its fixed now. My sugery was on my right foot. It was my 7th on it in the last 2 years. I had an accident at work where a bundle of steel fell on my foot. I had steel toe boots on but they didn't stop everything. In the end i lost three toes, my big toe down to the middle one. Its been a painful process but its gettting better. It has left me with lots of time to work on my hobbies. Now that the computer is working I will post some pics soon. Edited by badazzss

Sorry it took so long to reply to your post. I had a problem with the computer, its fixed now. My sugery was on my right foot. It was my 7th on it in the last 2 years. I had an accident at work where a bundle of steel fell on my foot. I had steel toe boots on but they didn't stop everything. In the end i lost three toes, my big toe down to the middle one. Its been a painful process but its gettting better. It has left me with lots of time to work on my hobbies. Now that the computer is working I will post some pics soon.

sounds painfull

about 10 years ago i crashed a dirtbike into a van and snapped my femur in half

took me 6 months just to learn how to properly walk again

i cant imagine how tough this is

stupid question, did they get you a prostetic or put some weight in your shoes to make up for the lost toes?

because the big toe is important for balance isnt it ?

Guest Mustang3.8

Hey, y'all.

I have finally got the paint on the Olds. 5 coats of Car Color gloss black. It is a GM factory color. I'll get some pics up ASAP. Nice work, everybody. :)

Edited by Mustang3.8

Okay guys, before it's too late, I am sharing this build here while sharing it on the workbench area at the same time since I started it there first. The model is already painted and decaled but I still have to build the rest of it, lots of work still to do.

Olds3-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

This is the real thing! That's what I want to simulate as close as possible!!

Olds442work017-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Front grill is already blackwashed and detailed!!

HurstOldsdecaled009-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Body is painted, wetsanded and polished, ready to accept the decal work!!

HurstOldsdecaled020-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

HurstOldsdecaled022-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

It's also Bare Metal Foiled!!

HurstOldsdecaled043-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

HurstOldsdecaled045-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

HurstOldsdecaled044-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Nice work, Marcos. I agree, Revell needs to do something with those tires. I use them simply because I lack the resources to get other ones, but if they're going to cheap out, they either need to figure out how to make good-looking no-name tires or perhaps at least for older cars, go with tire companies that no longer exist, like Fisk, Sonic or Armstrong.

I wonder if anyone ever thought of approaching Cooper or doing one of the gas station brands, like Sigma or Dayton? I can guess licensing would be very cheap or maybe free.

Charlie Larkin

Nice work, Marcos. I agree, Revell needs to do something with those tires. I use them simply because I lack the resources to get other ones, but if they're going to cheap out, they either need to figure out how to make good-looking no-name tires or perhaps at least for older cars, go with tire companies that no longer exist, like Fisk, Sonic or Armstrong.

I wonder if anyone ever thought of approaching Cooper or doing one of the gas station brands, like Sigma or Dayton? I can guess licensing would be very cheap or maybe free.

Charlie Larkin

The problem with doing the "other" brand tires and gas station brands is most are trademarks STILL owned by some other tire company. The situation is very similar the royalties that have to be payed to the owners of the "fallen flags" in the railroading hobby.

sounds painfull

about 10 years ago i crashed a dirtbike into a van and snapped my femur in half

took me 6 months just to learn how to properly walk again

i cant imagine how tough this is

stupid question, did they get you a prostetic or put some weight in your shoes to make up for the lost toes?

because the big toe is important for balance isnt it ?

I was in rehab for 8 months, and I got a special insert for my shoe. I'm starting to walk better now. The big toe is the most important for your balance. My balance is alright , but sometimes its rough. Like on steep hills or on real windy days.

I've been putting in some time on my Chevelle. Got it painted yesterday. Model Master British Racing Green. I'll have to sand it and clear it after it's dried a while. I'm pretty happy with the paint on this one.

The interior is almost done. The dash needs a few more details and to be glued in. I've got a lot of work to do on the frame to get the stance where I want it to be. The engine has been painted and I've done up some ducting that I think I'm going to run through one of the headlight buckets.

Thats all for now. Thanks for looking!

DSCN2125.jpg

DSCN2126.jpg

DSCN2127.jpg

Here is the super bee in its current state,But i should be done with the comet soon sence all i need to do is paint it the chassis of the comet is complete waiting for the body.

The roof was trashed so i cut it off and i am going to make it into a vert.

SDC12721.jpg

SDC12723.jpg

The interior tub in the bee is a spare one i have for mockup.

Edited by Demon9115

nice detail on the engine! I like that wash you applied to the transmission, i also did that to a transmission on my 07 (i think :P ) gt500, it really helps to bring it out from the pack!

also, you can take the 69 charger out of the com, im going to need more time with it, as i t is accually a 68, but i can do replace the rear to change it...

the 70' challenger, almost finished, just gotta paint the undersife of the hood, some other detailes, to, just ootb build tho,

70' chevelle 22, almost fiished, gotta polish it a bit more tho, and but some small things in it, if i can find them.... :rolleyes:B):lol:

Edited by 69_charger

I decided to take advantage of the incredibly nice weather and painted the GTO. I used Dupli-Color DSGM302 Light Blue Metallic, which is a very close (to my eye) for the Code D Fontaine Blue.

This is the first metallic paint job I've done in ages. I'm quite pleased with its appearance. The tips and tricks I've read here and on one of the other boards I use (The Modeler's Haven)as well as the MassCar guys gave me renewed confidence and I was able to attack this with success. I know the jury is split on buffing out paint jobs, but I'm going to see what it looks like after it dries.

Detail painting and foiling comes later this week. If all goes well, I'll have this car going to NNL.

Charlie Larkin

DSCF0174.jpg

DSCF0175.jpg

DSCF0176.jpg

DSCF0177.jpg

Nice job with that H/O, Marcos. You're doing it justice without question.

The paint on the GTO is dry, and it will need a very light compounding to smooth it out and bring up the shine a little. I'll probably just hit it with some toothpaste, as that actually seems to work pretty well for that type of thing.

Charlie Larkin