Model Cars Magazine Forum

Merry Christmas Everyone

Hi Everyone,

I've been feeling kinda low lately with my Chemo treatments and such. I almost didn't make it last weekend I suffered respiratory failure and was rushed to the hospital but I'M STILL HERE.

Allot of times I open a kit and find out they went all out with putting together great decals I can use to detail the engine and under the hood. But that seams to be a rarity most of the time. Most times you are lucky to get a license plate that is out of scale.

I have been receiving my Chemo treatments twice a week now for the last few months and their isn't anything to do other then get sick while I'm hooked up to the I. V.

So to keep busy I have been searching the Automotive restorers and Supply Houses for NOS, OEM, and Aftermarket Decals for full size cars.

I have put a couple of sheets together and printed them out at home and after sealing them with Testors Decal Bonder they work good, You just have to cut close to the lines thats all. They are not the quality of a professional printing company but they look just fine.

Also I had to print out two different sheets one on Clear Decal Paper and One on White Decal paper. I don't have the privilege of owning an Alps printer just an old HP 6122 Desk jet.

I bought my Decal paper from Micro Mark for use with Ink jet and laser copiers and printers. The sheets are a full 8 1/2" x 11" and Office Max charged my wife $1.00 a copy for laser prints. They are fantastic every detail comes through.

I didn't want to waste any paper so I had to fill them with decals.

I have spent the last 2 months using Corel Draw, and Adobe Illustrator resizing the decals to scale. When I ran out of free ones I pilfered some from a few kits and cropped what I wanted.

Like I said I put together 2 full sheets of decals and also 2 separate sheets that correspond to the decals to let you know what applications they are good for.

I don't know how well the pictures turned out but Please take a look and if you would like a copy of the artwork, I'll be glad to email it to you with all the instructions on what you need and what your printer needs to be set at to print them.

After printing is complete, I don't even bother to take the copy out of the printer for at least a half an hour so that the ink dries completely. I then let them dry over night before I seal them with Testor Decal bond.

Their is over 2250 details between the two pages and I'm sure somebody out here is like me and likes to detail the chassis and under the hood area.

If interested PM me or E-Mail me at ernie-p@cox.net

This one I printed on White Decal paper

whitepapaerdecals.jpg

This one I printed on Clear Decal paper

clearpaperdecalsVOL1.jpg

Merry Christmas

and Happy New Year Everyone

For all you politicians out there repeat after me IN GOD WE TRUST.

Ernie m ya ole coot , yer always full of suprises ! I can't take advantage of what you have this time as I don't have a working printer . I consider my self lucky to even have a working computer as most of the time , it's down over something . Anyway , you have a good Christmas an stay offin the Black Canyon Freeway ! Ed Shaver

Hey Ernie,

My sister-in-law is going through Chemo too, so I will add your name below hers on my prayer list. I trust God will comfort you during this difficult time.

As far as your decal sheet, I'm almost speechless!!! I just told a vendor at the NNL in ATL last month that someone needs to do a sheet of decal stuff for the engine and other areas of the car. 4 weeks later, you put this sheet out....Amazing!!!!! (hey, I also told them it would be nice to have a '57 Aston Martin.......any help with that too? :P )

Thank you so much for you time and effort for doing this. I would definitely appreciate one. My email address is: Karmodeler2@aol.com.

Thanks,

David

B) Very too cool Ernie! All dat work for us li'l ol' modeler buddies? :lol:WOW!

Don't know if'n I could use any of them decals as my builds are just a li'l.......

uh......too weird?? :lol:

But, hey, you hang in there Bro,

and may God bless you and yours with a very Merry Christmas!!! :lol:

G,DAY ERNIE FROM DOWN UNDER , HOPE YOUR UP ON YOUR FEET AND RUNIN AROUND FOR CHRISTMAS MATE . YOU SEEM TO HAVE STRUCK A PRODUCT THAT NOONE ELSE HAS THOUGHT OF IN THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT DECALS , ALL THE BEST TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY FOR CHRISTMAS AND HOPE THE NEW YEAR BRINGS HAPPIER TIMES MATE . CHEER'S SCUMMY .