Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

The entire F1 lanscape is changing.

Mclaren and Mercedes are parting ways.

Mercedes is inching ever closer to a deal with Michael Schummacher to drive their other car, with Nico Roseberg

Button to Mclaren.

Alonso to Ferrari.

Kimi out altogther and signed up with a WRC Citroen JR Team.

BMW is out repurchased by Peter Sauber who will run a Ferrari engine drivers Kamui Kobayashi and Bertand Baguette.

Toyota out.

Jarno Trulli and Heikki Kovalainen to the new Lotus Team, which said it wont be ready for the first race.

All quiet on the USGP front I am not sure they will make grid. I think that they have had internal problems, Peter Windsor was in then out and now back in, they don't have a car yet or any drivers.

And Renualt is expected to make an announcement tomorrow that they will make the grid with Heidfeld and Kubica or could say they are just pulling the plug.

Bruno Senna to Compo.

Cosworth supplying engines for 6 teams.

A completely new point system.

No refueling.

New cars.

New teams.

New steward rules.

It's crazy.

Edited by CAL

:( Could make next season very interesting, don't you think?

I do.

The past couple years you could go in kind of expecting XYZ to happen. Who knows what's coming.

In addition, FIA has still been trying to court F1 teams into the WSCC

Mclaren and Mercedes are parting ways.

Mercedes is inching ever closer to a deal with Michael Schummacher to drive their other car, with Nico Roseberg

Button to Mclaren.

Alonso to Ferrari.

Kimi out altogther and signed up with a WRC Citroen JR Team.

BMW is out repurchased by Peter Sauber who will run a Ferrari engine drivers Kamui Kobayashi and Bertand Baguette.

Toyota out.

Jarno Trulli and Heikki Kovalainen to the new Lotus Team, which said it wont be ready for the first race.

All quiet on the USGP front I am not sure they will make grid. I think that they have had internal problems, Peter Windsor was in then out and now back in, they don't have a car yet or any drivers.

And Renualt is expected to make an announcement tomorrow that they will make the grid with Heidfeld and Kubica or could say they are just pulling the plug.

Bruno Senna to Compo.

Cosworth supplying engines for 6 teams.

A completely new point system.

No refueling.

New cars.

New teams.

New steward rules.

It's crazy.

keeps you wondering, can they out brake each other ever again, sideways?? Ronnie Peterson stylie

Kind regards, Shay.

That's quite a change. Should make things interesting. I don't like the idea of no refueling. Why not just make them use the same tires like they did a few years ago and get rid of the pits altogether? :)

I haven't kept up with F1 in a few years. Not since Raikkonen's championship year, and even then I didn't pay too much attention. F1 has got boring for me. That, and the off-track freak show that usually followed. There is way too much drama in F1. I was actually hoping the teams would split and start their own series. Speed Channel shows the F1 races at 7 AM when they do, and that is just too early for me to watch a race. I'm always up by then but I don't feel like a race in the mornings. :D If they actually replay a race later in the day (which usually means no NASCAR that day :lol: ) I already know who won and don't feel like watching it when I know the outcome. When F1 pulled out of the US and then NA altogether, that is when I really lost interest in it.

Last I heard about the USF1 team was maybe 2011, but they appear to be in development already.Working on a car. Should be interesting after everything shakes out in the off season.

Chris

They have a full sized wind tunnel model, but that is about it, I don't even think they actually signed an engine deal yet.

And have tentive deal with an South American drive as long as he brings at least $8m in sponcership with him.

Edited by CAL

Michael back in a car? Hard to believe!

There has already been some German and English news reports he has inked a deal, and a strong indication came from Mercedes today that it was going to happen. At this ten seconds it looks like he will be back with Braun and Mercedes.

Ferrari already gave the green light and stated that they wouldn't stand in his way.

He could stay at Ferrari and be an icon for $7M, which he is completely bored with or drive for Merc for $5M

His publisits Sabine said "it's not about the money." And he's got money, a couple years ago he gave away $200M to charity.

Edited by CAL

WOW!!! yes it is a changing.its is going to be very interesting to me to see where this all goes.I'm glad to see F1 still going at least,and no fuel stops...can that be done?and Micheal driving again?is that a for sure....?Thanks,Chris

No fuel stops, yes that is the way it used to be so it can be done.

Michael driving has not been confirmed by relaible sources yet, but it is looking like it will happen.

;) Oh yes, I have been reading all of this over the past few weeks. It is all interesting for sure. 2010 will be a hell of a season! I can't wait. It ought to be good for a lot of racing series. It ought to be some good F1 racing.

The FIA is now getting back to normal now that a certain someone is out but the court ruling on WSCC

The driver for our team is interesting, considering he needs to gain a certain amount of money to race.