Model Cars Magazine Forum

'34 Ford semi

fordsixty

Fordsixty, that is one cool ride!! I love the diesel conversion. Maybe now I might have the guts to try my own diesel conversion to turn this:

BmD4leQBWkKGrHqUOKicEtluYLPB6BLeLwl.jpg

Into this:

HPIM1527.jpg

with my old greasy 7.3 Liter (before the powerstroke turbo version):

HPIM1594.jpg

I still have to find the guts to cut down the cab, though!! :D

:rolleyes:

AWESOME COOLNESS!!

Love that rat flavoring you put into this build Man!

Super!!

:D

It looks like it could run and that is the shear delight of building these little monsters dude!

I am convinced of it!

Lets see that trailer work Man!

Thank You for sharing!

Later

Russ

;)

Edited by rustybill1960

;)

Oh and YES!, I have to agree with railfreak, this is "definitely" a "top" contender for 2010 Man, for sure!!!

B):D;)

Though I have zero interest in rat rods or any kind of rod, I think this is spectacularly cool and stunningly done. It's got a nearly human attitude, a strong personality, and I love it. I'd be very happy to have it on my shelf. Kudos.

hey mucho gracias, mi amigos. you guys make building a whole lot easier.

hey matthew, that would be a cool project with the rusted ragged fender, running boards and all. that is the kit that i got the wheels from. oh man, that old 7.3 navistar is a rattling smoke machine. :lol: i say, go for it.

hey matthew, that would be a cool project with the rusted ragged fender, running boards and all. that is the kit that i got the wheels from. oh man, that old 7.3 navistar is a rattling smoke machine. :D i say, go for it.

Thanks, fordsixty, but I plan on NOT including the rusty fender on the model because I plan on getting a new fender for the 1:1 because that is the ONLY rust on the whole truck, except for a couple little spots on the inner rockers inside the doors. The old 7.3 smokes like a freight train when it first starts and does it's fair share of rattling too, but sounds good through the straight pipe and almost burned out glasspack muffler! My plan for my build also is not only as it is now, but as I would like it to look someday. In addition to the replaced fender, I'm going to build it with the 5 inch dual stacks and hopefully Alcoa aluminum wheels (if I can afford them B) ) that I plan on putting on the real truck, along with some Chrome Shop Mafia mudflaps in the back.

Edited by highway

Wow..that is looking awesome. The engine has such great detail and texture! Those front air brakes really add to it. Some great angles in last photos!

This is giving me inspiration for a Peterbilt 359 rat rod I just started playing with. It's still evolving, but has sleeper removed and I'm in the process of Z'ing the frame front and rear to drop the cab a foot while the cab was also channeled 12". The cab was also set back 2 feet to allow an Allison engine to fit. I've never built a truck (was a 50% off fling) OR a rat rod, so this is fun. Much of the detail I see on yours help me think through what I need on this. B)

• 3 months later...

Well after a bit of a hiatus, i was able to finish this up enough to take it to the Heartland Nationals. Came home with the Jimmy Flintstone Pick trophy. A really cool trophy! Thank you very much Jimmy, I was floored.

i will let the pictures do the talking.....

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

The decals are just temporary. I still need to get my race team decals made. :D i have a good bit of the trailer done. got the suspension done today and will start on the ramp back next.

thanks for looking.

Thanks guys, for the kind words. i really appreciate that you all take the time to reply. :D

Congrats!!! :blink: I'm happy to hear you are still doing the trailer, too. I look forward to seeing some pics soon.

ok, this is what i have done so far. The whole thing is scratch built. let me know what you think.

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

when finished, it will be 35' long and approximately 6' 6" inside the workshop.

you have pics of the trophy? wanna see it, and congrats

IMG_0106.jpg

This is a Jimmy Flintstone original. Pretty cool with the Rat Fink riding the Flying Eyeball. "Big Daddy" Roth and von Dutch.

Peace.

...the rest of the reply.

That's awesome and a Texaco sponsor to boot. I love all things Texaco can I use your pics in my Texaco folder I have on photobucket?

No problem man. when i get my race team decals done, the Texaco decals will be removed. Sorry.

That is one Heck of a build!!! congrats on your win and I hope you dont mind but I saved the finished pics in my favorite models folder. keep up the outstanding work! Romell :D

Thanks Romell. You can use any pictures you want of mine. I will be using pics of your Chevelle when it is finished. Pretty cool being on someone's favorite list.

here is the underside.

IMG_0114.jpg

You know this is my first weathering (aging) attempt. I have to say, everyone should have a Bragdon

Enterprises powder acrylic paint sets. They are awesome and very easy to use.

Cool beans.

Edited by fordsixty