Model Cars Magazine Forum

Not Another Blown And Chopped 32!

MikeMc

Thanks guys I wanted a loooow rod, but with full suspension...my biggest issue is not ground clearance but what grill shell and radiator combo and where to put it.....I just don't like cutting up grill shells they never look quite right.

Thanks guys I wanted a loooow rod, but with full suspension...my biggest issue is not ground clearance but what grill shell and radiator combo and where to put it.....I just don't like cutting up grill shells they never look quite right.

How will you position the grill, up and down or at an angle ?

She's shaping up to be a real beauty, Mike... so much so that I can easily look past the Chev motor! And THAT'S saying something coming from me! smile.gif

My original idea was using the 32 kits sbf but the manifold just would not work with the heads so I got stuck with the chevy that gave me the blower. and I'm gonna have to make up a set of headers to mate the motor to the kits duals.....ford headers just do not fit a sbc.

• 2 weeks later...

a boring but productive week....got the rear seat filled in and smooth, smoothed the frame and molded the rear wheelwells. Roof is now as smooth as a babys bottom,figgured out the grill and front lights.. gonna start on the power train now

a boring but productive week....got the rear seat filled in and smooth, smoothed the frame and molded the rear wheelwells. Roof is now as smooth as a babys bottom,figgured out the grill and front lights.. gonna start on the power train now

Sweet can't wait to see some pics :D

• 5 weeks later...

This one is starting to remind me of the Future Rat that I build a couple of years ago...long and low...

These builds are so much fun!!

Later,

Gotta agree about the fun level...and the long and low , Here it is with the blower linked up....

IMG_1312.jpg

Gotta agree about the fun level...and the long and low , Here it is with the blower linked up....

IMG_1312.jpg

Oh yeah...that old Potvin setup is just too cool!!

Were you able to find some good pics of the waste gate and intake detail for that setup? (I can't tell from this pic if you added those details...)

In this pic, those six spring loaded bolts on the right-hand side control the waste gate pop-off pressure.

Wayne-Potvin.jpg

Edited by Raul_Perez

Oh yeah...that old Potvin setup is just too cool!!

Were you able to find some good pics of the waste gate and intake detail for that setup? (I can't tell from this pic if you added those details...)

no waste gates on supercharger setups. those blow open at a give PSI to keep turbos from over-boosting. did you mean perhaps a blow off valve or recirculation valve? i'ver personally never seen on in 1:1 on a supercharger (centrifugal or blower) but they would serve the same purpose on the supercharger as a turbocharger setup.

no waste gates on supercharger setups. those blow open at a give PSI to keep turbos from over-boosting. did you mean perhaps a blow off valve or recirculation valve? i'ver personally never seen on in 1:1 on a supercharger (centrifugal or blower) but they would serve the same purpose on the supercharger as a turbocharger setup.

Correct, a "waste gate" is the mechanism used more commonly on turbo chargers to control the boost level by diverting exhaust gasses away from the turbo, thus regulating the impeller speed. Some people have adapted them to work on centrifugal style superchargers to control the boost level to the manifold.

The part I was referring to on the Potvin setup is the pop-off valve, (also known as a blow-off valve), used to prevent over-pressure of the system when you close the throttle at high RPM. On the Potvin supercharger, it is simply a spring loaded plate.

I used the term "waste gate" because it is a more broadly understood. Good catch!!

I had a '96 Bonneville SSEi with an undersized pulley on the supercharger that Eaton installed for me when they rebuilt the unit at about 100k miles. The only problem that I had with the overdriven supercharger was that when you got into really hard, you could hear the pop-off valve modulating. Unfortunately, the tranny started going south before I got around to upgrading the pop-off valve and I got rid of the car. But, that's another story for a different day...