Model Cars Magazine Forum

'55 Cameo 4X4

Jared Roach

Oh guys, well I'm waiting for the paint to strip on the camaro do I desided to pull out this kit I got for christmas and start workin on it. :( So it's amt's 55 cameo, I was going to go stock, but then I found in my parts box the 4 wheel drive suspension from the international scout. So now It's a 4WD. I'm going to paint it a bright gloss red, no metallic or flake or anything. The rims are still from the scout but that might change if I find better ones. So here's the pics.

sonoma1027.jpg

what the stock ride height is

sonoma1033.jpg

and here is were it sits now

sonoma1038.jpg

sonoma1036.jpg

sonoma1040.jpg

The bed I kinda damaged when I took it off the tree so I put down a piece of styrene and is going to be body colored

sonoma1042.jpg

and here is the 4WD I took from the scout. I heated the leave springs and bent them to give it the lifted ride height. The drive shaft on the rear axle was too short so I took the kit drive shaft and it fit perfect!! :D

sonoma1046.jpg

sonoma1048.jpg

Edited by bowtiebadboy333

continued

sonoma1050.jpg

sonoma1052.jpg

sonoma1053.jpg

sonoma1054.jpg

sonoma1058.jpg

and here is the chrome assories I got from the revell 55 chevy and they fit this engine great!!

sonoma1063.jpg

Well thats it for now. I will be playing with my new airbrush today and my ipod touch so I won't have anything else done on it today. Thanks for lookin. comments and crtizium allwoed! :( BTW I really like the new forum!!

Edited by bowtiebadboy333

ok guys, here's an update. I got the chassis completely finished. I went over it with black, then detailed it up,I also did the tires letters in white, I thought it looks good. I had to modifiy the exust to go around one of the leaf springs. And then put a little dirt with a taymia weathering set. I got the engine done too. It's the same color as the truck is going to be. I didn't wire it because I just didn't fell like it on this build. The cab and bed are in the first coat of primer, and the interior is going to be worked on in the next day or so. here's the pics.

sonoma1076.jpg

sonoma1084.jpg

sonoma1086.jpg

sonoma1079.jpg

sonoma1091.jpg

sonoma1094.jpg

sonoma1096.jpg

sonoma1100.jpg

Thanks for lookin, and tell me what you think. :)

Yup, that's a really cool vid. Like to see todays trucks do that.

If y'all want to find out more about the NAPCO, check out the NAPCO Owners site and Stovebolt.com. I'm a member of both sites (although my '55 isn't a NAPCO), as well as What Are You Workin' On. The last one is Stacey Davids (formerly of Trucks!, now on Gearz) site.

• 1 month later...