Model Cars Magazine Forum

Logger Update Pics

Hey you did a great job stretching the frame and the stinger looks good! Lookin like a real one should look. I drive one every day and am building a logger myself of my dads first truck. I'll have to post some pics when i get back to it. But its lookin really good bud. :)

Tim,

I agree the tyres in the Pete kit are far to small for me. I have always preferred big rubber. If you look at a Pete 359 see how much the tyre fills the fender. The bigger the better for me.

rronning84

It looks like your trailer has the tyres that Tim mentioned. I might be wrong though.

Have you sorted the stripes out yet??

Good Luck with the build.

Dave

Tim,

I agree the tyres in the Pete kit are far to small for me. I have always preferred big rubber. If you look at a Pete 359 see how much the tyre fills the fender. The bigger the better for me.

rronning84

It looks like your trailer has the tyres that Tim mentioned. I might be wrong though.

Have you sorted the stripes out yet??

Good Luck with the build.

Dave

No I am still not sure how I am going to do this. Painting is not my strongest suit. My uncle is a pro airbrusher that does Harley Tank work. I am actually thinking of sending the cab and stuff to him.

The AMT Tires used in the 80s and 90's had the holes cut too big and the tire mold is bad as the middle tread is missing creating too skinng of a tire. Any of the AMT/MPC/Ertl Goodyears from the Mack DM, Dump Trailer, recent reissues, etc will work.

Tim

I will keep those in mind. To be true to the actual truck though I need a full set of 18 Italeri Peterbilt rims and tires as that is the style rim dads truck has. I would gladly pay if someone has a bunch of spares.

Would that be very noticeable? I need help figuring out how to paint the stripes on this thing. I have the Maroon base coat laid down and it has been drying for 3 days. How do I apply the orange and tape it all off? I am scared of painting this thin. I am seriously considering having someone else paint it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mustang3.8

Great job, Ryan. My uncle own his own logging truck company. I know its a little late, but I would add a third axle on the tractor. Those are very common up here.