Model Cars Magazine Forum

A Look At This Years Upcomming Projects

Jeff Sauber

Heres a quick look at a few of the projects I'll be trying to get done this year. I have several others going as well, but these here will be some of the first ones I will try and address first.

All of the handcrafted super detailed parts, except for the wheels which are from detail master, and [no, I don't own a lathe or any other fancy equipment, I have to do it all by hand with a bench grinder and dremel tools] are for an upcomming show car that may or may not be done this year [depending on my bench time]....

DSC00001.jpg

DSC00002.jpg

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

Edited by J. Sauber

laugh.gif J. Happy 2010! Thank you for posting your incredible car assemblies,they are too cool for words. I'm wondering how you post up the rectangle pictures and what camera you use. My name is James and been lots of names in my life but "computer savy" was never one of them. ha ha Inspiring work James

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff, i really like the looks of that Mustang so far! i've built two of those AMT kits and not been happy with either one so far.

Dave

Thanks Dave, yeah, the AMT mustang is an ok kit, but the fitment of some stuff was a bit off. It did had a nice 289 motor, but I decided to go with a BBF with this one and swapped in the mill from the Revell 70 torino kit.

Theres still a little fitting and fussing I need to do with this thing, but I should have some paint on it sometime soon....I was thinking of going with an off white body color with a metallic blue custom hood stripe.

As far scratchbuilding all that little metal stuff goes, I don't have any fancy machining equipment or anything like that. I use a set of special jeweler's files and do most of the shaping, filing, and cutting, by hand.

I do use occasionally what I call a "poor man's lathe"...it's basically just a multi speed dremel tool carefully mounted in a bench vise, For what I do, the system works well.

I also have a multi speed cordless drill and a bench grinder....

As far scratchbuilding all that little metal stuff goes, I don't have any fancy machining equipment or anything like that. I use a set of special jeweler's files and do most of the shaping, filing, and cutting, by hand.

I do use occasionally what I call a "poor man's lathe"...it's basically just a multi speed dremel tool carefully mounted in a bench vise, For what I do, the system works well.

I also have a multi speed cordless drill and a bench grinder....

Dang Jeff...your skills have expanded exponentially since I first saw your work at an IPMS show in Fairfax Va. a few years back. Where do you find the time. You must have an understanding wife...or you just don't require much sleep.