Model Cars Magazine Forum

Just Want To Say Hello

Hi I just joined this forum today. I want to say I've been looking through a lot of threads and there are some very talented builders here.

I'm 52 so I'm assuming I'm a bit older than a lot of the members here. I started building models back in the late 60's back when AMT , MPC, Johann and Revell were in their prime. After I got married I mostly forgot about modeling and recently got back into it. I'm a bit disappointed that kits aren't what they used to be. I started collecting models again about 5 yrs ago. Having more income these days, I spent a small fortune on Ebay buying models from my past days. I started with the 66 annuals from AMT and just sort of went crazy. I re-sold some but saved a few that were special to me as a kid. One I have which I'm about to start is a 62 Nova convertible made by AMT. It's in exceptional shape for it's age. Still has the original price tag of .69 cents. Anyway just wanted to introduce myself.

I couldn't find a specific section to do it in so I hope this is ok being posted here.

Welcome to the forum. Rick! 52 eh? .. actually you're one of the young ens here.. B) I think many of us share a similar story as far as starting in the late 50's and maybe a break or two. There are a few here that started in the EARLY 50's and never stopped!

Edited by Foxer

Welcome to the forum. Rick! 52 eh? .. actually you're one of the young ens here.. B) I think many of us share a similar story as far as starting in the late 50's and maybe a break or two. There are a few here that started in the EARLY 50's and never stopped!

I thought I was one of the young one's (14) Foxer :rolleyes:

Welcome

Hi I just joined this forum today. I want to say I've been looking through a lot of threads and there are some very talented builders here.

I'm 52 so I'm assuming I'm a bit older than a lot of the members here.

Welcome Rick,

There are a lot of old cronies in the house. I will be 52 in early March. and lots of guys who are late 50's 60's

even some 70 and up. But also some young wippersnappers too. Its a great mix of model builders.

This forum has the best builders hands down, just look at the under glass section and see if you don't agree.

I have learned alot about scale automotive modelling from the members here and continue to do so almost daily.

You will like it here. also you need to see some of the kits comming out of Revell now, nothing to be disappointed about, they are on the same level as Tamiya kits, only with american subjects, great detail.

Hope to see your builds soon.

Ron