Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom 359...

After painting-sanding-painting who knows how many time... And thinking until this morning to trow it away, I complete it... I can't believe it!!! It is not perfect, because the paint/sand/paint time, but I'm happy with it and now I can enjoy it... I can say also that I used it as a test, for some stuff that I had in my mind, and could works for other models. I love the kind of retro stile on it mixed with modern... :D

Basically, from the AMT kit I used only the cab, hood and part from the sleeper, chassis, engine, steering wheels, dashboard... The rest is scratch build.

Before start the model I stretched 4 inches the chassis, hood also was stretched and the sleeper too, and put with the cab...

The hood and door, I prefer make them open like 2 wing, because of the many time I though to trow it out of the window... ;) Door and hood can open and close, but I glue a piece of chrome plastic to keep them open, so help to see the inside. :)

Will see what Chuck say about his ex 359... :)

Some pics...

img8219f.jpg

img8216e.jpg

img8227u.jpg

I also can remove part of the hood... Kind of hot rod... :)

img8235a.jpg

Thank you for looking!!! :)

Wow !!!! That thang is long ! I like the doors. How long did it take you to make this whole thing ?

Thank you!!! :)

I started in November, probably the 9th... But I had so many problem with it, related to the paint... That toke me to build it a lot of time... After I put it back in the box and leave it for a while and build other stuff... Like the 71 Hemster Cuda (on Under Glass). After I went back on it, and finish it... The huge works was for the fender, that looks simple to build but required a lot of works. But I had also a lot of fun doing it... :)

From the AMT kit I used cab, part of the sleeper and hood, engine, radiator, air and oil filter, chassis, dashboard and steering wheels. The rest it is all scratch-build...

I just realized that for build it I used 2 and something of Bondo putty (1.5OZ each) and almost two Superglue 0.35OZ!!! :)

Thank you Ryan!!! Cool look at it hearing the ZZTop!!! Which song it was?

It probably would have been more appropriate to hear Sharp Dressed Man or Legs, but it was Cheap Sunglasses. But hey, there's nothing wrong with that tune. And nothing wrong with your model. Again, just beautiful work. I can't believe the hood opens like that. Awesome...

It probably would have been more appropriate to hear Sharp Dressed Man or Legs, but it was Cheap Sunglasses. But hey, there's nothing wrong with that tune. And nothing wrong with your model. Again, just beautiful work. I can't believe the hood opens like that. Awesome...

Two nice songs!!!

Thank you again!!! I like the hood that open so too, remind me the old cars... :D

tres tres classe this truck rod for its superb transformer. bravo.

pete18.

Merci beaucoup!!!

Un salut à la France, j'ai plusieurs amis et parents dans la région de Lyon et Antibes, des beaux quartiers. Et du bon vin! B)

• 1 month later...