Model Cars Magazine Forum

Truck,Jeep, Hummer, Suv Build Off

rolltide

i love the euro trucks i got tons of daf pics lol plus some mags on this truck to bad the there back home but if u want chat with me on msn

and maybe i can help i got a huge load of daf pics

that would be cool

im hardly ever online but there is always the PM on the forum

my main issues are with the bottom of the engine (its a curbside kit) and all the little doohickies and thingamabobbers on the frame

id like to try and paint them correct

Hey man don't copy me!! Ah I'm just joking!! :huh: Mines going to be a short cab short bed anyways. ;)

Well, it happens to be the only full detail truck kit I have right now, besides the Lightning and F-150 Ext. cab. Both of which are started and I want to take my time on.

Edit: OK, I have a 93 Splash too, but that one I'm taking my time on too because it's going to be a replica.

Edited by grimreaper

O.k. heres the kit.

IMG_1264.jpg

Ya its a snap kit, got it from a friend free because he messed up the body, however none of the other parts were touched so in a week heres what I've done.

IMG_1269.jpg

There's the interior, Just need to add the small finishing details.

IMG_1271.jpg

Finally got that stance right.

Body still needs alot of work, but it coming right along.

that would be cool

im hardly ever online but there is always the PM on the forum

my main issues are with the bottom of the engine (its a curbside kit) and all the little doohickies and thingamabobbers on the frame

id like to try and paint them correct

well add me anyways bud ej69ice@hotmail.com and ill help ya out

Actually you'd be copying me, for two reasons, I'm was the first to build a '99 Chevy in this build and I've built a single cab.

oh I didn't know that your prerunner was a 99 silverado, on the entry list it just says chevy prerunner. Oh and your silverado accually inspired me to do mine like that, I like the look of short trucks for some reason, I like yours alot though so I had to have my own!!

oh I didn't know that your prerunner was a 99 silverado, on the entry list it just says chevy prerunner. Oh and your silverado accually inspired me to do mine like that, I like the look of short trucks for some reason, I like yours alot though so I had to have my own!!

yeah I'm single cabbing it too.

Well, it happens to be the only full detail truck kit I have right now, besides the Lightning and F-150 Ext. cab. Both of which are started and I want to take my time on.

Edit: OK, I have a 93 Splash too, but that one I'm taking my time on too because it's going to be a replica.

oh so the chevy isn't good enough for a long term build!! I'm just joking, and yea take your time on that replica, and I'm working on gathering stuff up for a replica of my sonoma. It's all good though I like to see what people do with them! ;)

oh so the chevy isn't good enough for a long term build!! I'm just joking, and yea take your time on that replica, and I'm working on gathering stuff up for a replica of my sonoma. It's all good though I like to see what people do with them! ;)

I never said that. :P I've actually got 2 S-10's that will be long term, (also replicas) I have to get the EXT. Cab conversions from Perry's for those. I also have a 454 SS that is going to be long term. The Silvy is gonna be nice, just not gonna take me as long to do. :D

I have one of those, too. Too bad it's about 2/3 done, or I'd jump in with it.

Any suggestions for getting those front suspension members to stay put? Other than that, I've really enjoyed building it.

Charlie Larkin

I have one of those, too. Too bad it's about 2/3 done, or I'd jump in with it.

Any suggestions for getting those front suspension members to stay put? Other than that, I've really enjoyed building it.

Charlie Larkin

I've built MANY of the Ranger kits over the years and never had a problem with the suspension. The only tip I can give you is use CA glue, possibly with a kicker.