Model Cars Magazine Forum

Any Lancia Stratos

The one to get is the Fujimi Enthusiast Model Stratos. There are other Stratos kits with varying levels of engine detail, but that's the big-daddy if you want to do a detailed build.

Yes, I thought there was a top notch kit.

many hours later...

only if you can find one. Another grail search. :lol:

I have the Hasegawa kit, I don't remember if it has an engine but if it does you won't be able to see it without a lot of work, because the body is one piece. I can check when I get home at the end of the week.

I could always cast up a Dino enigne (where the real car's motor came from) and fix it up.

Interesting, I didn't know they used Fiat X1/9 headlights for the Stratos.

hey chris, have you checked out the Revell Stratos kit?

DSC01157.jpg

it has the little "Dino" v6. i have included photos of the parts tree and the instructions. looks like a very good start for a little detailing.

DSC01155.jpg

DSC01156.jpg

i bought it because i love the group 5 Stratos and i want to put a motor in a Tokyo Marui Platic Stratos Turbo kit i have.

hope this helps.

Edited by fordsixty

Chris, the Hasegawa kit has a box for the engine, and I mean literally, a slab-sided enclosure, with some engine engraving on the sides and bottom. It does have a separate exhaust system, at least the 'Stradale' street version I have does. It looks to be as nice a curbside as the Tamiya, but with the body being one-piece, and a louvered engine cover, you don't see much. If you want a motor, it looks like you'll have to find the Fujimi Enthusiast kit. I'll keep my eyes open!

Thanks guys.

I think I am just going for the Hase kit for now and see what I can do with that and keep me peepers peeled for a Fuji.

I looked at the Fuji Dino engine as a very distict possibility.

Edited by CAL

If you can live with a curbside the Hasegawa kit otherwise seems quite nice, although I've only gotten as far as painting the body (hey its only been two years, I think the paint has almost cured by now B) )

I just ordered a 21215 HASEGAWA 1/24 LANCIA STRATOS HF STRADALE.

What kit is in the RoG box? I am looking at that too.

And I am looking at the ultimate kit: a Hawk HF 3000 :blink:

http://www.hawkcars.co.uk/hf3000/HF%20-%201.pdf

although that is one expensive kit car. I could get a really nice 550 replica for less.

Edited by CAL

There's also a pretty good 1/20-scale Stratos with an engine. I believe it was made by Entex. Long out of production though.

Yes, I have seen a coulpe of those. I always have an internal struggle with 1/20th though. I know it stupid but since 95% of my collecting is 1/24 - 1/25 I have hard time branching out into the 1/20th stuff. The much bigger stuff is a bit of a different deal in my eyes, which is the other 5%. I'd probably do more F1 cars if they were not 1/20th scale. I know it's just a weird me thing.

• 1 month later...

Japanese kit makers did a lot of kits of the Sratos in many scales back in the 70'-80's...some good...some bad!

...The best Stratos plastic kit ever, was introduced back in 1979.

Japanese Nitto Kagaku made a 1/12th Stratos "Alitalia"'76-'77 Monte Carlo & ..."Safari" rally versions :rolleyes:

Still the best kit I've seen, fully detailed, V6 engine, chassis, interior, working suspension, all opening panels, real rubber tires, 350+ parts, pretty nice kit, now boxed by Doyusha.