Model Cars Magazine Forum

GROUP 5 RACING BUILD OFF

3men2s

I will be in if someone makes a kit of this car:

roylichtenstein320i_1977.jpg

Does anyone have a lead on one or did they even make this car in plastic?

Your in luck. Tamiya re released this car not long ago in the Jagermeister form. http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=24269 I fact here is one on ebay for $25 http://cgi.ebay.com/Tamiya-24269-BMW-320i-Gr-5-1-24th-sealed-MIB_W0QQitemZ260436703592QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ca33cb968 Now all you have to do is come up with the decals or make them yourself. Welcome aboard.

Your in luck. Tamiya re released this car not long ago in the Jagermeister form. http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=24269 I fact here is one on ebay for $25 http://cgi.ebay.com/Tamiya-24269-BMW-320i-Gr-5-1-24th-sealed-MIB_W0QQitemZ260436703592QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ca33cb968 Now all you have to do is come up with the decals or make them yourself. Welcome aboard.

Cool!

I just ordered the decals from HLJ, but I am anti-ebay so I will see if I can find it somewhere else...

Thanks a lot!

Actually it was Group B rally that were the "Too Fast To Race Cars".

Most of the Stratos Rally cars were non-turbo Group 4 cars.

The Group 5 Turbo car was built for close circuit endurance racing but failed misserably aginst the killer Porsche 935s.

There was a Group 5 Stratos Rally-Cross car, but it didn't compete in the WRC.

The Group B purpose built Lancia was a 037, and not a Stratos.

Just wondered if this might qualify,I love the cars just not sure about the classes.....

post-5676-1264521281687_thumb.jpg

Just wondered if this might qualify,I love the cars just not sure about the classes.....

we all love this rare italian racer.

but the question is, Do you have one of this kits around?

years ago I was bledding my fingers trying to get one in ebay

Now they look like they are no where.

this buildoff is waking up a lot of people.

I just got a tamiya 935 porsche to include in my list.

BS5-DYB2kKGrHgoOKioEjlLmeN7IBKFlIL7.jpg

double threat

Edited by 3men2s

we all love this rare italian racer.

but the question is, Do you have one of this kits around?

years ago I was bledding my fingers trying to get one in ebay

Now they look like they are no where.

this buildoff is waking up a lot of people.

I just got a tamiya 935 porsche to include in my list.

BS5-DYB2kKGrHgoOKioEjlLmeN7IBKFlIL7.jpg

double threat

That is the kit I keep coming back to, as well.

There are 3 or 4 on Ebay right now.

Edited by CAL

In your Marks, Get set..........

February is a few days away

and so far we have a good build group.

PETE J.

3MEN2S

CAL

THATONEEMOKID

VIZIO93

MARK TAYLOR

CURT RAITZ

WEASEL

NICK F40

REMINGTONBOX

MUSTANGMAN

WE HAVE ROOM FOR MORE....

Hopefully we can see the badest

porsches, capris, mustangs, lancias, bmw's and more soon.

I have two kits that I was wondering if they would fit. They don't have all of the body flares and all, but in one of the first posts I noticed someone put BMW M1. I have a 1/24 BMW M1 Marlboro Pro Car Kit made by Ertl/Esci. I also have a 1/24AirFix Series 5 Lotus Espri. Would these qualify? With scratchbuilding for the body panels?

I don't have time for a build off, but thought that I might use some of your ref. photos for when I want to build them. Thanks for your time.

Later-

Hey cal, ive been thinking about getting one of those kits, how would you rate it?

Jeff.

More toy than model. I don't know why all the good Group 5 cars are formerly electric motor kits, like Tamiya's 935.

The body detail is good. The chassis and interior has lots to be desired. I am not dissapointed, I kind of knew that is what it was.

Hobby Lobby has them and I would get a 40% off coupon for it, but frankly it's not worth the $35 retail price.

But it is the only game in town so if you want one, short of going to a resin kit, that is it.

It's in the booth now. I sure do hate painting white cars though.

P1010087-1.jpg

Edited by CAL

These are cool cars but I don't have one or the funds to get one I like that RX-7. Pete that work of yours is truely amazing I'm glad to see your hand in one picture to prove its a model, wow.

Thanks for the complement. I have a lot of time in this car and it is fun to share the work. Sorry you won't be joining us in the build. These cars are really fun and there are a lot of choices. There were a ton of different sponsors. They are still run in the Historic's and there are a ton of variants from that as well as the original cars. They were all fire breathing dragons. Thanks again.