Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model Cars in Retail Stores

Fred Meyer, a Northwest retail chain, has returned models back to their shelves.

I found a selection of Revell re-release subjects with 1:24/1:25 scale cars going for $11.99.

This is the first time I have found models in a non hobby/craft store since W-Mart pulled them.

I hope this is a good sign. :)

I think the Fred Meyers in Tualatin and Newberg have always carried kits.

However, the amount of space they give them has been reduced significantly over time and I've seen nothing to suggest that is changing at least in the Newberg store. The prices are pretty low, but their selection is extremely limited with usually less than a dozen different auto kits including snap-tites.

However, the amount of space they give them has been reduced significantly over time and I've seen nothing to suggest that is changing at least in the Newberg store. The prices are pretty low, but their selection is extremely limited with usually less than a dozen different auto kits including snap-tites.

Really?

Never seem them but haven't gotten to Newberg in a long while..

I did see One Plane model at the Tualatin Freddies last week..

Weird..

Funny the cost of a model at a Fred Meyers compared to a LHS..

1/2 has much but Fat chance at finding any.

I never knew Freddies stopped carrying them. Every year when I come up to visit family I stop at atleast a few different Freddies in the Eugene, Portland, Salem and Astoria areas to see whats kits are on the shelves, but it has been 2 years since my last trip..

The same story here in the Anchorage, AK area...

Edited by AK_Invader