Model Cars Magazine Forum

What should I have for breakfast tomorrow?

36 members have voted

1. 1. Cholesterol or Carbs?

• Bacon & Eggs- you only live once!
    • Bagels.

I thought it stood for Large Diameter Opening. or Liquid Dispensing Object, or maybe Lumpy Delicious Oatmeal...

No. It's LongDistanceOperator. It reflects my interest in long-range shooting, both in in an M1A1 Abrams tank and 1,000yard benchrest rifles...although I no longer do either of those.

Not my rifle but I had one very similar:

Web1000.jpg

what you think of the 375 H&H??? as a hunting round?

It has a whole lotta knock-down power. The .30-'06 will take down pretty much anything in North America (I've heard it will take down anything in North America, but I'd want a little extra if facing a Grizzly or Polar Bear). Having said that, I've never been hunting and I never fired a shot in anger against a man. Punching holes at 1,000 yards was exciting. Waiting 3 days in a tree for a deer does not sound exciting. Add to that the cost of doing so in Texas and you can fuggedaboutit.

yes that's what the old man told me more then once!!! about the 30-06, he has a semi auto Remington in 30-06 and took down two deer this year with it year .Its the old 7400 model would u happen to know if the 375 is available in most firearm companies line ups or do i need a custom gun? ya i hate tree stands myself i hunt on the ground only :P i was told the 375 has taken over as the hard hitter in terms of big rounds and is better then the 50cal???

Edited by moparfan426

yes that's what the old man told me more then once!!! about the 30-06, he has a semi auto Remington in 30-06 and took down two deer this year with it year .Its the old 7400 model would u happen to know if the 375 is available in most firearm companies line ups or do i need a custom gun? ya i hate tree stands myself i hunt on the ground only :lol: i was told the 375 has taken over as the hard hitter in terms of big rounds and is better then the 50cal???

Any rifle with a .532" bolt can be barreled in .375 H&H. IMHO, it's hard to beat a Remington 700. If you want to build a custom, a gunsmith can easily true the action, put any barrel you want on it, and tune the trigger. If it's not currently available in .375 H&H, just get a .300WinMag or 7mm Remington Magnum. Shoot as-is for a while and when you want to go custom, you'll have a great rifle to base it on. Other rifles cost more but Remington makes about the best workhorse-type rifle you can buy. To get better quality, you'd need to skip right over the Weatherbys and other higher-price rifles and go for something like a very expensive Dakota or other Mauser/Model 70 clone.

As for .375 H&H "taking over as hard hitter...better than .50cal". There's just no way. E still equals mc2 . A bullet with twice the mass moving at the same speed will have more energy.

man i wish u had msn :blink: well i love the 700 Remington myself and always did love the fire arm's they made. ill have to look in to the custom's there are great custom shops up here in Canada. no i understand that i was just told by a gun guy and have read it a few times just wondering what you thought about it

Edited by moparfan426