Model Cars Magazine Forum

A modest proposal about posting language

I understand that a large amount of posting replies here are run-and-gun, knee-jerk responses. That's part of the fun of it all. However, there are just a ton of impossible-to-decipher posts that totally ignore grammar, spelling, capitalization, punctuation and the basics of communication. Here, we're not limited by the demands of texting or Twitter with their shortcuts, and those posts are extremely hard to read. May I make a suggestion?

Almost all of us have Microsoft Word. Why not compose your post in Word, then run their grammar and spellcheck to correct hasty typos? All you have to do then is copy and paste your message into your post on this site. We Boomers would appreciate it.

if we are willing to download Ispell then we can type in this very window where we normally write our posts and at the very end, before hitting the post button hit the spell sheck button (top right) and have it check right in this window

it saves a step :)

also, keep in mind that this forum is in english and we often asume all our members are from the US and that thier first language is english

Oddly enough, it's the English speakers that have a hard time spelling correctly! :)

You could also use Firefox, since it has a built in spell-check.

Edit: Another forum I'm at has a rule that there is no text-speak, and reasonable spelling/grammar is expected.

Edited by YJIslander

if we are willing to download Ispell then we can type in this very window where we normally write our posts and at the very end, before hitting the post button hit the spell sheck button (top right) and have it check right in this window

it saves a step :)

also, keep in mind that this forum is in english and we often asume all our members are from the US and that thier first language is english

That's an excellent point, and I think many of us understand it. And I must say, if you use an online translator, there's no telling what gibberish you'll end up with.

z mokie wn ta sqqurils wstl on ta hilltop gtg brb

There is, however, no online translator for speaking in tongues.

Get yer butt ta an Apostolic Church O' God, an you'll LARN howta talk in tongues!!! But seriously folks, there's SOOOO many guys on here now,It'll be almost IMPOSSIBLE to get everyone to use proper diction. Az fer me, If'n ya cain't unnerstan wat I'm sayin, ya proly don need ta knowd!!!laugh.gifwink.gif

That's an excellent point, and I think many of us understand it. And I must say, if you use an online translator, there's no telling what gibberish you'll end up with.

There is, however, no online translator for speaking in tongues.

See what happens when you live with a Russian babe. :)

Yes, you will loose your mind.

Edited by CAL

Get yer butt ta an Apostolic Church O' God, an you'll LARN howta talk in tongues!!! But seriously folks, there's SOOOO many guys on here now,It'll be almost IMPOSSIBLE to get everyone to use proper diction. Az fer me, If'n ya cain't unnerstan wat I'm sayin, ya proly don need ta knowd!!!laugh.gifwink.gif

I like to think I'm like Indiana Jones. Because I HATE snakes.

There's a Russian babe who lives upstairs from me. And one from St. Petersburg who works at the liquor store. I could stand the pain.

Try being married to one. :)

You could have a screw loose, you could play fast and loose with the facts, or you could be loose-lipped... but you can't "loose" your mind...

I can have whatever I want and you can't tell me different. :rolleyes::)

While you're here, please kick the habit of quoting multiple pictures only a few posts after they've been posted! B)

That is just laziness or people not comfortable with html.