Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sunday Night workbench pics

Here's what has been on and off my workbench all weekend.

Peterbilt 330-family straight truck with paint applied -Viper Green from Tower Paint (which is now closed due to burning down last month :lol:

330vipergreen3710rear.jpg

Next, something I started in 2008 but got sidetracked, the Lindberg Exterior Post Van Trailer

Lindbergextpstvan3710.jpg

And an AMT Wilson Livestock Trailer.

Livestocktrailersiderh3710.jpg

Both the livestock trailer and the Lindberg exterior post were painted with Duplicolor 1200 degree "High Heat" Aluminum paint. After a week of curing, it doesn't seem to want to show fingerprints or smudge as easily as "Bumper Chrome."

Livestockreflect3710.jpg

And it reflects nicely too.

Thanks for looking.

Tim

Looking good, Tim. I like how the "High Heat" Aluminum looks on the livestock trailer. Might have to look into that. Doesn't look like it will be as bright as "Bumper Chrome", and that's a good thing.

Diggin' the green, too.

Jeff

The chassis the mocked-up cab is sitting on is one I use for test fitting - it's a former built-up that I bought a while ago. I had left it on my workbench and it has become the test-bed for most SBFA Pete's that I'm working on. The wheels on the chassis are the old-style Italeri wheels that have had the chrome stripped off.

Update on this one: I've just finished applying the 2nd coat of clear on the body. The chassis will be a real bugger to paint as the brand of paint doesn't like to settle into the nooks and crannies.

Tim

Sergey

I will use the Italeri Peterbilt style wheels to match the tractor the trailer will be paired up with.

Tim

[Hi, Tim.

Tell me please, why do you plan to use Italeri's wheels for Live stock trailes. The originals too bad?

Looking good Tim. Thanks for sharing about the paint. This high heat aluminum paint I guess is like an engine paint, or maybe meant for headers? Just so I know what to look for. I have a livestock trailer in the works and I like the way yours looks with this paint.

I have always loved your work, Tim! The livestock trailer looks great with the aluminum you used. I'll have to pick some up for mine I'm working on.

HPIM1694.jpg

I used aluminum foil applied with craft glue on this 1:32 scale AMT reefer,

HPIM1580.jpg

but with the open sides on the livestock trailer, it won't work!

• 6 years later...

No update?

I don't know about Tim, since it seems he and I were the only ones that posted projects, but mine is still in progress 6 years later thanks to life getting in the way. Mine has also dropped the bullrack off at the farm and has went to pulling a reefer. 

Thanks for digging up this old thread, I've been looking for a more durable paint for the roof and floor of my reefers, and did not remember that Tim had given me a good idea from the paint he used on his livestock trailer. I ended up using bumper chrome on it and the roof and floor of two of my reefer projects and been fighting fingerprints.