Model Cars Magazine Forum

WIP.....69 Daytona Pro Mod..Updated 10/28/10

1320wayne

The wheelie bars and rear suspension are pretty much done. I was able to add all of the bracing on the bars, springs for the rearend and bolt head details throughout. The last part to add will be the netting on the wheelie bars. Once I get the new order of carbon fiber in and applied, I can then reattach this assembly and get the rear tires and wheels in place.

DSC04936-vi.jpg

DSC04937-vi.jpg

DSC04938-vi.jpg

DSC04939-vi.jpg

Thanks guys for the positive comments. This one is taking quite a while to get somewhere but every new step is keeping me more and more motivated to get it finished.

I was contacted by Chip King (the car owner that this build is emulating) a few days ago and he stated that he either wanted to buy this build when it's finished or he wants me to build another one for him. I always have a tough time selling projects that I build so I'll probably have to build another one.

Feeling that Wayne. I have emotional attachments to all my builds. But that fades in time.

A new build is just that, NEW. In time I feel differently. I send my builds to my Dads who archives them. I just sent my Garlits and Mongoose and Snake builds there. This is where I archive my builds.

He has nearly 300 of my builds from 1980 till present.

I'm about to send my Tijuana Taxi, Honda RA272 and Dyno Don builds this weekend.

If you saw how he archives my stuff you'd want to send yours there too... LOL

Emotion plays an IMPORTANT role in ALL of my builds. I see you are no different.

And most here would RING OUT in agreement.

Bob

Edited by Dragline

Well, the rear suspension is in place. The tires and wheels have all been decaled and attached and the carbon fiber has been added to the rear of the chassis. I pulled some recent photos of Chip King's car and saw that he was running Hoosiers on the rear so I added Hoosier markings to the rear slicks.

DSC04942-vi.jpg

DSC04943-vi.jpg

DSC04946-vi.jpg

DSC04949-vi.jpg

DSC04953-vi.jpg

Wayne, the car looks FANTASTIC!. I have a Chevy Nova that I put together awhile ago but never liked the way it turned out, sat to high for my liking, after checking out this build I decided to go at it again, this time I'm gonna try building my own chasiss for it, see if I can get it to sit lower, I've got the body,engine,tires & wheels for it, just been going over different websites to find the rest of the parts. Thanks for the inspiration!

• 3 weeks later...

First off I went ahead and changed the blower holddown straps as I wasn't happy with the first set that I put on. I also added the dump tubes.

For the interior I went ahead and scratchbuilt a Racepak computer along with the control modules that work with it. I found images online and transferred them to decal film. I also got the ignition boxes painted and ready to install.

DSC05256-vi.jpg

DSC05259-vi.jpg

DSC05267-vi.jpg

DSC05268-vi.jpg

DSC05264-vi.jpg

Well, the interior is pretty much done. Everything is attached and wired. The only thing left is to work up a chute release lever and chute release cables and then the body is ready to be permanently attached. I also completed the front sheet metal around the cowl. I also started working on the header pipes. I will have pics. of those shortly.

DSC05296-vi.jpg

DSC05297-vi.jpg

DSC05298-vi.jpg

O.K., so the interior is done and the body has now been permanently attached along with the rear wing. The taillights have been painted along with the rear bumper. Now it's time to line up and hinge the doors. The drivers side door is done and working.

I am definately in the home stretch at finishing this one now.

DSC05397-vi.jpg

DSC05398-vi.jpg

DSC05399-vi.jpg

DSC05400-vi.jpg

DSC05403-vi.jpg