Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Fast" Eddie's '68 Cougar F/C

I just finished Fast Eddie Schartman's '68 Cougar Funny Car build from the Model King's reissue of the High Country Cougar kit with Slixx Decals. Not a bad build if you take your time, but it is showing its age. Not an accurate build by any means. I think if you used the body on a shortened Polar Lights Chassis you could end up with a pretty good build. the only major issue is with getting the body to sit well on the chassis and it sits a little too high. Enjoy the pics and as always, comments welcome!

gallery_3451_373_30376.jpg

gallery_3451_373_16520.jpg

gallery_3451_373_8888.jpg

gallery_3451_373_33686.jpg

gallery_3451_373_40865.jpg

Is that also the same Cougar from the "Model King" drag set with the Bronco and trailer? I got one of the sets, mainly for the Bronco and trailer, but the Cougar looks nice, even with inaccuracies. I may have to finally work on it someday.

Nice build.

What paint did you use. What color is that.

Does anyone else in your club paint as well as you do?

Are those the kit decals?

I use Auto Air From Createx, it's a water based automotive paint with Testor's Wet Look lacquer over it. The Color is just plain yellow over a white base, the yellow fades at the rear of the car and the blue is Brite Blue.

A couple of guys shoot paint waaay better than I do, but I'm catching them.

Decals are from Slixx.

Is that also the same Cougar from the "Model King" drag set with the Bronco and trailer? I got one of the sets, mainly for the Bronco and trailer, but the Cougar looks nice, even with inaccuracies. I may have to finally work on it someday.

I think it's the same Cougar, it's originally the Dyno Don Car.

Thanks for the comments!

I didn't realize there was a fade on the Fast Eddie's Cougar. Doesn't look like it in the pictures (probably due to the light) do you have a picture that shows the fade a little better. I am thinking of building this car as well and didn't realize this would be a fade paint project. Thanks

BTW If you aren't the best painter in your club, I would really like to see the paint by the best painter!